Hitting the road? Ask questions about dining out anywhere, and post your trip reports here!

Cincinnati Lunch?

Moderator: Robin Garr

no avatar
User

Mike D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:29 pm

Cincinnati Lunch?

by Mike D » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:17 pm

We are planning a trip to Cincinnati with family and would like some lunch suggestions. No sushi, Thai or Chinese - one of our party doesn't do Asian - and need some vegetarian options.
User

Joel F

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:21 pm

Re: Cincinnati Lunch?

by Joel F » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:37 am

Do they eat Indian? Amma's Kitchen (formerly Udipi) - http://ammaskitchen.com/ -- we really enjoyed our meal there. They even do vegan days.

We had an acceptable Ethiopian meal up there a year or two ago.

You've got a number of near east / mediterranean options but I don't have experience with any.

I'm seeing good things about Melt (www.meltcincy.com) but haven't been. Vegan goetta... whoa.
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

by Deb Hall » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:56 am

Mike,

We were in Cincy for a show last week and had two recommendations from friends who live there. Not sure who's open for lunch but both will be good. Both are very close to the Arnoff Theatre.
Nada- modern mexican/Latin
Nicholson's- Scottish pub restaurant ( we ate here with our 8 year old. The food was very good if not stellar, and nice variety in the menu. Service was very good. My trout was excellent.)

Deb
User

Joel F

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:21 pm

by Joel F » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:52 am

If you happen to find yourself on this side of town, this is the best Mexican food we've had in the region.

Taqueria Maya / Maya Mexican -- near Kings AutoMall

http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/32/363259/r ... Cincinnati

the interior is simple / practical, the food excellent.
no avatar
User

Linda C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:38 pm

by Linda C » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:44 pm

My husbands company is in Cinci, were always searching. We had a fantastic brunch at Cafe Europa in Covington. They moved from the Mainstrasse to the riverfront.