Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

RichardM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:18 am

Louisville, KY

Re: Getting Monthly Offlines Going Again

by RichardM » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:40 pm

Deb Hall wrote:Sounds great, Richard! You may want to move to earlier in the week, though- I believe we were aiming for Sun/Monday.

Bill- Unfortunately I can't attend- I will be in Pittsburgh.
Deb

Oh I was NOT volunteering to do it, was only suggesting dates/days/place...

Suzib and I can NOT do Mondays. We have a commitment on that evening almost every week.

Richard
Richard Lord Meadows, Earl of Vienna, Marquess of Morgantown and Westover, Baronet of Parkersburg, and West Virginia’s Ambassador to the Portland Neighborhood.
no avatar
User

RichardM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Louisville, KY

Re: Getting Monthly Offlines Going Again SHORT NOTICE

by RichardM » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:11 am

GOOD MORNING FOODIES.

I know this is short notice but if you want to do an off line with the best brunch on the 1st Sunday of the month then let's do it tomorrow morning at Bank Street Brew House, in New Albany. Roger's chef will have some of the finest prime rib anywhere and an omelet station.

Additionally they have this 1000' Blood Mary Bar... ok it's only like 7' but they have all the fixins you could possibly want for your breakfast drink. OH? Yeah, it's Indiana NOT Kentucky. In Indiana you can sell adult beverage drinks at 10 am on Sunday. Unlike Kentucky they have actually come into and passed thru the 20th century. In this instance, Indiana Kicks Ass!

So who is up to meet at 10 am tomorrow morning for brunch? Post but send me a notice too so I can let them know if we are going to descend on them with a score of foodies.

Thanks for reading,
Richard Lord Meadows, Earl of Vienna, Marquess of Morgantown and Westover, Baronet of Parkersburg, and West Virginia’s Ambassador to the Portland Neighborhood.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Getting Monthly Offlines Going Again SHORT NOTICE

by Robin Garr » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:38 am

RichardM wrote:GOOD MORNING FOODIES.
I know this is short notice but if you want to do an off line with the best brunch on the 1st Sunday of the month then let's do it tomorrow morning at Bank Street Brew House, in New Albany.

Love the idea, Richard. Sadly, one of my current day jobs doesn't leave me free for Sunday morning brunches. I hope you can gather a crowd, though.

How late into the afternoon does the brunch go on?
User

Bill Veneman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:35 pm

East End outside of the Watterson, but not afraid to travel for good grub

by Bill Veneman » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:43 am

Richard, Chef Alan and I are planning on attending....hope we can get a good group together.....
If life's a Banquet, what's with all the Tofu?

Cheers!

Bill V.
User

Suzi Bernert

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:08 pm

Louisville, KY

by Suzi Bernert » Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:46 pm

Robin - it goes until 2PM.
Retired from LMEMS
Co-Founder and House Mother
Berndows Enterprise
"Time to eat?"
User

Shane Campbell

{ RANK }

In Time Out Room

Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:08 pm

Hoosierville

by Shane Campbell » Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:35 pm

Richard and Suzi,
Wondered how your brunch was? Wanted to attend and I'm usually there Sundays anyway but I was feeling ill Saturday/Sunday and had work to do as well. Had to cancel dinner at Silver Dollar and miss 1st Sunday brunch at Bank St so I'd love to hear that someone enjoyed themselves. Cheers!
I'm a bitter drinker....I just prefer it that way
User

Suzi Bernert

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:08 pm

Louisville, KY

by Suzi Bernert » Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:47 pm

As usual, a great time at Bank Street. We were joined by Bill Veneman and Alan Carrick and had a blast. The food was fantastic, as always. The Bloody Mary bar was set up and the others had Bloody Marys, I had a Virgin Mary which gave me my vegetables for the day. Bill, Richard and I did the omelet and prime rib combo, Alan ad the Kentucky Benedict. When we were finishing up, the crowd increased. Our little secret is getting out, so get there early to avoid the rush. :D
Retired from LMEMS
Co-Founder and House Mother
Berndows Enterprise
"Time to eat?"
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

by Carla G » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:02 am

Suzi Bernert wrote:As usual, a great time at Bank Street. We were joined by Bill Veneman and Alan Carrick and had a blast. The food was fantastic, as always. The Bloody Mary bar was set up and the others had Bloody Marys, I had a Virgin Mary which gave me my vegetables for the day. Bill, Richard and I did the omelet and prime rib combo, Alan ad the Kentucky Benedict. When we were finishing up, the crowd increased. Our little secret is getting out, so get there early to avoid the rush. :D

There's a fun table I wish I could have sat at! Maybe next time.
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson
no avatar
User

RichardM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Louisville, KY

Re: Getting Monthly Offlines Going Again SHORT NOTICE AGAIN

by RichardM » Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:26 pm

Once again I just found out about this, but tomorrow morning, Sunday March 17, That Place On Goss is doing an Irish Brunch.

Shepherd's Pie
Corned Beef & Cabbage
All the other stuff they usually have.

Suzi and I will be there when they open at 10 AM, as I have to scoot out to do a shift of part time work at noon.

And unfortunately, Kentucky does not kick ass on Sundays as you can NOT get an adult beverage until 1:00 PM. Someday, someone will eventually pull those dingbats in Frankfort into the 20th century and they will allow alcohol sales on Sunday morning.
Previous