Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Falls City to become a local brewery again ...

by Robin Garr » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:40 am

Although it's been distributed locally, the current incarnation of this historic Louisville brewery has been contract-brewed out of state. Now it comes home, says Business First.

Falls City to open brewery next month
Ron Bath|Business First

After more than a year of planning, Louisville-based Falls City Brewing Co. is close to opening a new brewery at 545 E. Barret Ave., between Broadway and Baxter Avenue.

As Business First reported, company president David Easterling said the brew house, with enough capacity to produce about 40 barrels of beer every six weeks, should be open by late March.

“It had plenty of manufacturing area for us,” he said of the location, which formerly housed Sign4 Co.
The company is leasing the space. He declined to disclose how much the company is investing in the operation.

http://www.bizjournals.com/louisville/b ... 2013-02-11
no avatar
User

Paula B

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:59 pm

Re: Falls City to become a local brewery again ...

by Paula B » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:12 pm

I'm glad for David, but more for people to taste one of the best brewmaster's creations again.... :D
User

Roger A. Baylor

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:01 pm

New Albany

Re: Falls City to become a local brewery again ...

by Roger A. Baylor » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:22 pm

I think the flagship still will be brewed in Wisconsin, but more importantly, Falls City will be able to brew seasonals and specialties right here. I agree with Paula: Kudos to Brian Reymiller getting back in the brewing game.
Roger A. Baylor
Beer Director at Pints&union (New Albany)
Digital Editor at Food & Dining Magazine
New Albany, Indiana