Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Soul Food By Tiffany

no avatar
User

Adam Arnold

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:56 am

Soul Food By Tiffany

by Adam Arnold » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:00 pm

Hi all! I just finished eating a late lunch from Soul Food By Tiffany, and I wanted to share with everyone this hidden treasure.

For my lunch, I had her catfish dinner with sides of macaroni and cheese, hash brown casserole, and collard greens. Served with the fish is a pretty amazing homemade remoulade sauce. As a whole, the dinner was fantastic beyond words. The fish was cooked perfectly with a cornmeal breading and it was not greasy at all. With catfish, of course, if someone cooks it incorrectly, one can find a strong fishy taste... this was not the case at all here. It was extremely fresh tasting and delicious! As far as the sides go.... the hash brown casserole was perfect, the macaroni and cheese was good, and the collard greens (flavored with smoked turkey, I believe) were very well cooked and tasty.

The rest of the limited (but good) menu looks tempting, and I'm going to have to make a trip back. Her signature dish is Chicken and Waffles... the presentation of which looks mouth watering. I believe she tries to make her dishes using healthier than traditional methods (such as the collard greens with smoked turkey)... other sides include cabbage cooked with turkey sausage and northern beans with smoked turkey. Other dinners that I can remember are a wing dinner and rib tip dinner. The sweet tea was good as well. The menu was listed as a 'fall menu', so there is a chance it may change in the future.

I highly recommend this place for a good soul food fix. There is no sit down area.... pick up at an outside window of only. It was perfect for lunch, though. It was easy to get to... a few blocks from UofL. It is in a purple building off of Algonquin near where it intersects with Winkler. Also, Tiffany is exceptionally nice and professional!

Soul Food By Tiffany
701 Algonquin Parkway
Louisville, KY

https://www.facebook.com/MobileSoulbyTiffany?fref=ts
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Soul Food By Tiffany

by Robin Garr » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:05 pm

Thanks for the post, Adam, and for the info! I love it when we get a tip to good spots outside the usual "zones."

Chicken and waffles ...
no avatar
User

Adam Arnold

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Adam Arnold » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:07 pm

Robin Garr wrote:Thanks for the post, Adam, and for the info! I love it when we get a tip to good spots outside the usual "zones."

Chicken and waffles ...

No problem! ...and yes, you can never go wrong with chicken and waffles!! (Except today when I was craving fried catfish ;) ).

Between the delicious food and the great service, I felt I had to share it!
User

Stephen D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:41 am

Lyndon, Ky

by Stephen D » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:52 pm

Did I just squeel like a little girl?

I believe I did!

:D
no avatar
User

Adam Arnold

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Adam Arnold » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:18 pm

So after such a delicious meal yesterday, and with images of chicken and waffles floating in my brain, I decided to head back there today to try just that.

...and I have one word to say: badass.

Mostly badass in their simplicity, but perfectly executed awesomeness. The chicken comes in four wing sections- 2 drumsticks and 2 wing ends- and it is perfectly breaded and cooked. The waffle... well the absoutely amazing waffle is a giant belgian waffle baked with cinnamon in the batter. It comes with a cup of syrup and two small cups of butter.

Dip the chicken in hot sauce, eat it, and immediately follow it up with a syrup/butter covered piece of waffle... and you'll be in heaven. At least... the chicken and waffles version of heaven. I could not have asked for a better version of the meal.

If you want/like chicken and waffles, then go here. Try it. Enjoy it. :)

Sidenote... also tried the great northern beans cooked with smoked turkey. As with everything else, they were amazingly delicious! ;)