Off-topic discussions about regional news, issues and politics. Pretty much everything goes here, but keep it polite: Flaming and spamming aren't welcome.

Estate appraiser(s)

User

Mary Anne

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:31 am

Louisville: Highlands

Estate appraiser(s)

by Mary Anne » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:10 am

I have been honored with executing an elderly Uncle's estate, and am realizing I need help. Some treasures, some really interesting stuff probably not worth much, lots of junk needs to be sorted. Specifically I am finding lots of watches/clocks, old old old documents and pictures (1860's onwards), some furniture from around 1900, modern tools, antique clothing, many antique tools...you get the idea Dealing with a 100 year old house no one ever moved out of. Does anyone have a recommendation for an estate appraiser? Is it wise to have one person appraise and another do a sale or do you usually use one person for both? I am clueless about this kind of thing...
User

Suzi Bernert

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:08 pm

Louisville, KY

Re: Estate appraiser(s)

by Suzi Bernert » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:48 pm

We have friends that I think could cover it all - Renaissance by Design, (502) 585-5727. If they can't do it, they know who can. They deal in antiques, estates and one is an auctioneer if you want to go that route. They just opened a store, too. Tell them Richard and I sent you. :D
Retired from LMEMS
Co-Founder and House Mother
Berndows Enterprise
"Time to eat?"
User

Mary Anne

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:31 am

Louisville: Highlands

by Mary Anne » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:37 pm

Perfect Suzi, it sounds like they are just what I need, thank you *so* much!
User

Lois Mauk

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:08 pm

Jeffersonville, Indiana

by Lois Mauk » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:11 pm

We have a personal property appraiser that we use in divorce cases. We've relied on him for at least 20 years. Let me know if you need a name.

Lois
Make a fast friend . . . Adopt a retired racer from Greyhound Pets of America!
http://www.GPALouisville.org
User

Jay M.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:09 pm

by Jay M. » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:41 pm

Suzi Bernert wrote:We have friends that I think could cover it all - Renaissance by Design, (502) 585-5727. If they can't do it, they know who can. They deal in antiques, estates and one is an auctioneer if you want to go that route. They just opened a store, too. Tell them Richard and I sent you. :D

We've worked with Kelly and Kenny at Renaissance, too. Good folks and good experience. Tell them Karen and Jay sent you :)