Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Comments on Robin Garr's where now for brunch review

by Robin Garr » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:44 pm

Sorry, no time today to post anything but the headline, but enjoy! And come back to post your suggestions ... Sunday brunch, specifically, as opposed to all the great breakfast spots.

Where will we go for brunch now? Now that Lynn’s is closed …

On HotBytes:
http://www.louisvillehotbytes.com/where ... -is-closed

In LEO Weekly
http://leoweekly.com/dining/where-will-we-go-brunch-now
User

Ray Griffith

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:39 pm

Highlands

Re: Comments on Robin Garr's where now for brunch review

by Ray Griffith » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:17 pm

With the nonexistent lines, The Grape Leaf seems to be under the brunch radar. With frittatas, 4 egg omelets, other egg/breakfast dishes and with all of their lunch items, it is an excellent brunch alternative.

Just because you don't have to wait in a line doesn't mean that it's not good! :)
no avatar
User

Kat Ray King

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu May 27, 2010 6:23 pm

Louisville, KY

by Kat Ray King » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:51 pm

I'm shocked that Bank Street Brewhouse didn't get a mention...they have a phenomenal brunch and it pairs oh so well with their beverage choices...
Kat Ray King
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:23 pm

Kat Ray King wrote:I'm shocked that Bank Street Brewhouse didn't get a mention...they have a phenomenal brunch and it pairs oh so well with their beverage choices...

I love me some Bank Street Brewhouse! I was under the impression, though - because of them doing omelets and roast beef only monthly - that it wasn't available every Sunday.

I'll be baa-aa-ack ... promise! :wink:
User

Roger A. Baylor

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:01 pm

New Albany

by Roger A. Baylor » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:38 pm

We do the omelet station and roast beef on the first Sunday of the month, in addition to the usual brunch menu.

For those wishing to accompany Sunday brunch with an adult beverage, there's also the build-your-own Bloody Mary bar during Sunday brunch at BSB, along with NABC beers, plus wines and spirits. Since 2010, we've been able to sell carry-out growlers on Sunday, too. Only small breweries and small wineries can sell "to go" on Sunday in Indiana.

Overall, the significance of brunch in Indiana is this: Alcoholic beverages can be served beginning at 7:00 a.m., a considerable head start. BSB opens at 10, does brunch from 10-2, and stays open until 6.
Roger A. Baylor
Beer Director at Pints&union (New Albany)
Digital Editor at Food & Dining Magazine
New Albany, Indiana