Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Peg O'Neill

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:28 pm

HIlltop Building, 1757 Frankfort?

by Peg O'Neill » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:02 pm

It's been listed as for sale and seemed vacant for quite a long time. According to property records, it sold in Nov. 2012 to an property LLC related to a medical consulting co. Saw some action on it this morning, I was wondering if anyone new what was up, had heard any rumors, etc. FYI, it's the building right next to Silver Dollar, across from Maido.
no avatar
User

Joel H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:33 am

Re: HIlltop Building, 1757 Frankfort?

by Joel H » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:49 pm

I heard rumors a while back that some "investors" were looking into turning it into a music venue. Never got an answer as to who those "investors" might be, and I kind of assume there'd be too many difficulties with noise and the surrounding homes for that plan to actually happen. Pretty interesting building, though, so hopefully something good comes of the sale.
User

Peg O'Neill

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:28 pm

by Peg O'Neill » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:58 pm

Oooh, a music venue would indeed be nice for the area. I believe the LLC owns at least one home next door, and possibly a home/property behind it, which may alleviate any noise complaints, but music venues are notoriously difficult to keep open, no matter how beloved.
no avatar
User

Adam C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:43 pm

Camp Taylor aka Louisville's food desert

by Adam C » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:51 am

A music venue would rule. From the looks of it the place seems enormous. A movie theater would be cool too. Parking would be a problem though.
User

Jeremy J

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:30 am

Louisville, KY

by Jeremy J » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:23 pm

It would rule, unfortunately people would actually have to GO to shows for Louisville to be able to support another music venue.
no avatar
User

Adam C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:43 pm

Camp Taylor aka Louisville's food desert

by Adam C » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:27 pm

Jeremy J wrote:It would rule, unfortunately people would actually have to GO to shows for Louisville to be able to support another music venue.

Very true!
no avatar
User

Houston Jones

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:56 am

Lousiville, KY

by Houston Jones » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:19 pm

The Houston Group, Inc. just listed the building for restaurant development, it will have a side patio and parking. More on the development to come soon, including a rendering of what the futre will look like for this building. This is an excellent opportunity for a local Chef/Restaurantuer, call me if you have any interest
Improving the Louisville Dining Scene - Looking to open your own, buying or selling send me an email, Houston