Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

POS in Louisville ??

User

Shawn Vest

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:10 pm

850 main street, charlestown, indiana

POS in Louisville ??

by Shawn Vest » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:09 pm

Which company is the best Point of Sale provider in Louisville? (and why?)

Shawn
Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza. D Barry
www.ctownpizzaco.com
850 MAIN 812-256-2699
no avatar
User

Gena W.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:17 pm

Re: POS in Louisville ??

by Gena W. » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:20 pm

Hi Shawn,
While maybe not the least expensive of all the options available today, we have had excellent support and service from Frank Ruley of Sunrise Technology. Always available on the busy Saturday night your pos will suddenly decide to go on strike!
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:27 pm

Isn't the forum's own Jackie R in that business? I'd certainly start by checking with her.
User

Shawn Vest

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Shawn Vest » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:34 pm

Thanks Gena, we currently use DD from Sunrise, which is now owned by BMT. We're looking for an alternative.
We used Restaurant Manager for two years, which at the time was provided by BMT, but BMT stopped working with RM.
Our preference is to have a local provider.
Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza. D Barry
www.ctownpizzaco.com
850 MAIN 812-256-2699
no avatar
User

Richard S.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:47 pm

by Richard S. » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:38 pm

QSR Automations is based in Louisville. Don't know much about them, though.
User

Jackie R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:48 pm

Highlands

by Jackie R. » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:08 pm

Robin Garr wrote:Isn't the forum's own Jackie R in that business? I'd certainly start by checking with her.

Thanks for the mention, Robin.

Shawn,

We do have several clients that are forum members, so it's possible that they will have positive references about us to share with you. As I'm not in the sales department, my boss has seen this is going to have someone contact you to discuss your needs. We are 100% local and have been in business since 1929 :-).

Thanks,
Jackie
no avatar
User

Gena W.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:17 pm

by Gena W. » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:06 pm

Shawn Vest wrote:Thanks Gena, we currently use DD from Sunrise, which is now owned by BMT. We're looking for an alternative.
We used Restaurant Manager for two years, which at the time was provided by BMT, but BMT stopped working with RM.
Our preference is to have a local provider.

Sorry, been out of the biz for just over a year now and did not realize that Sunrise was under new ownership!
no avatar
User

Chris G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:51 pm

Selena's at Willow Lake Tavern

by Chris G » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:56 pm

Jackie R. wrote:
Robin Garr wrote:Isn't the forum's own Jackie R in that business? I'd certainly start by checking with her.

Thanks for the mention, Robin.

Shawn,

We do have several clients that are forum members, so it's possible that they will have positive references about us to share with you. As I'm not in the sales department, my boss has seen this is going to have someone contact you to discuss your needs. We are 100% local and have been in business since 1929 :-).

Thanks,
Jackie

Shawn let me sing Jackie and Aloha's praises. Selena's is the 5th or 6th restaurant I have purchased programmed and installed Aloha POS for. Since 1981 I have not found one any better, more reliable, or more easily programmed, or easier to train new staff on. Customized reports any way you would like for sales or product mix. When researching for this system I looked at all the others thinking over time maybe something better has come along, from talking to one owner who said they loved their system, They had been open 6 months and POS only went down 3 or 4 times. And Service quick to respond to problems.......That scared me to death. In total of 15-20 yrs of using Aloha I don't think my system has gone down 3 or 4 times other than power outages, cabling issues or our error. Jackie is an awesome Tech who has helped me do a lot of different programming and any issues I have encountered. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Chris Gray 245-9004
User

Shawn Vest

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Shawn Vest » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:04 am

Thanks for the responses.
I also really like Aloha, but it is quite a bit more expensive and honestly I'm not sure how it works with pizza.
www.ctownpizzaco.com
850 MAIN 812-256-2699
User

Shawn Vest

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Shawn Vest » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:46 pm

Correction -
Sunrise is now owned by BMC

BMC is from Michigan, BMT is from Louisville.

sorry
www.ctownpizzaco.com
850 MAIN 812-256-2699
no avatar
User

Derrick Dones

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:02 am

by Derrick Dones » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:49 pm

...and Run DMC is from Hollis Queens, New York.

Sorry, I couldn't resist. 8) DD

Shawn Vest wrote:Correction -
Sunrise is now owned by BMC

BMC is from Michigan, BMT is from Louisville.

sorry
User

Todd Antz

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri May 11, 2007 12:37 pm

Clarksville, IN

by Todd Antz » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:33 am

Derrick Dones wrote:...and Run DMC is from Hollis Queens, New York.

Sorry, I couldn't resist. 8) DD

That made my day, Thanks!
Keg Liquors
Keeping Kentuckiana Beer'd since 1976
http://www.kegliquors.com

617 E. Lewis & Clark Pkwy
Clarksville, IN 47129
812-283-3988

4304 Charlestown Road
New Albany, IN 47150
812-948-0444