Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Lynn's to reopen gift shop to draw down gift cards :-/

by Robin Garr » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:48 pm

The following was posted on their Facebook page, with an extended discussion in the comments:
http://www.facebook.com/lynnsparadisecafe

Lynn's Paradise Cafe Official

ATTENTION ALL GIFT CARD HOLDERS

Lynn’s Paradise Café will be hosting an event for gift card holders. We will be offering FULL REFUNDS for plastic gift cards.

During this same period, the World of Swirl gift shop will be open to the public. If you so choose, you may use your gift card to purchase items.

We are still working out the specific dates in which we’ll be hosting this event. We are working as quickly as possible to finalize the days and times.

Please know that providing gift card refunds to our customers is a top priority. We promise to keep you updated and informed on this issue.

Thank you again for your patience!
User

Christina Firriolo

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:39 pm

Re: Lynn's to reopen gift shop to draw down gift cards :-/

by Christina Firriolo » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:28 pm

Not acceptable. Anyone who paid by credit card should just call your cc company to reverse the charges. That will be your quickest and most reliable solution. (imo)
"Wine is sunlight, held together by water!" ~Galileo Gallilei
no avatar
User

Margie L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:47 pm

by Margie L » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:47 pm

I'd go with the credit card dispute if it is available. Problem is the sudden closing with no explanation doesn't engender a lot of confidence in the offer. The fact that no date is given makes it worse.
no avatar
User

Richard S.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:47 pm

by Richard S. » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:28 pm

Christina Hall wrote:Not acceptable. Anyone who paid by credit card should just call your cc company to reverse the charges. That will be your quickest and most reliable solution. (imo)

What part of FULL REFUNDS is not acceptable?
User

Matt K

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:57 am

Downtown

by Matt K » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:01 am

Christina Hall wrote:Not acceptable. Anyone who paid by credit card should just call your cc company to reverse the charges. That will be your quickest and most reliable solution. (imo)

That's what my dad did the day after the closing. He bought my mother 2 gift cards for christmas, and they still hadn't used them. He called American Express and had the charges reversed. Easy peasy. I recommend everyone do this.
User

Christina Firriolo

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:39 pm

by Christina Firriolo » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:00 pm

Richard S. wrote:

What part of FULL REFUNDS is not acceptable?

She doesn't have a date, she doesn't have a plan (that we're aware of) they just keep stating that it's complicated. What's complicated about opening your establishment for returns for several hours every day for a week or two, and issuing refunds? (and offering by mail options to those who cannot make it in)

Frankly, I don't trust that answer. Many businesses give that answer while hurrying up and filing bk. (I'm not suggesting that is what is happening here, but if it does, no one will receive a refund.) I would SO do a chargeback on my credit card.
"Wine is sunlight, held together by water!" ~Galileo Gallilei