Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Steve P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:18 pm

Re: Bars to watch the playoffs with "Your" fans

by Steve P » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:06 pm

Melissa Richards-Person wrote:
And I missed the opportunity to wear my Seahawks sweater proudly at Coals on Sunday :( But, Madeline, if you can confirm that you're "on" as Seahawks central next season (when we're pre-season #1 in the West :P ) I'll be there! (Robin & Steve - you're welcome too.....)

Just kinda FYI...there aren't any "pre-season #1's" in professional sports... :wink: That being said I've been on the SeaHAWKS bandwagon for quite some time...OK, this season anyway...and I think they've got a bright future with Wilson at QB. Go Hawks.

Melissa Richards-Person wrote:And as a member of the Central Florida Packer Backers, I'm glad to know about Saints as well! Maybe around July/August I'll revisit this topic again and we can generate a more comprehensive list for LHB!

Not another Chedderhead....or is it Chedder Head. Either way the only thing more obnoxious than a room full of Packer fans is a room full of Steelers fans...just sayin :wink: :lol:
Stevie P...The Daddio of the Patio
User

Marsha L.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:56 pm

Louisville, KY

by Marsha L. » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:48 am

Just so y'all know - Nate Silver, the NYT statistician who correctly projected the outcome of last fall's election in all 50 states, has projected a Patriots-Seahawks Superbowl for this season:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/nfl-r ... super-bowl
Marsha Lynch
LEO columnist, free range cook/food writer/food stylist
User

Antonia L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:28 am

Cherokee Triangle

by Antonia L » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:10 pm

Marsha L. wrote:Just so y'all know - Nate Silver, the NYT statistician who correctly projected the outcome of last fall's election in all 50 states, has projected a Patriots-Seahawks Superbowl for this season:

Can't be right all the time... Oh well. Even Nate Silver is fallible.
User

Melissa Richards-Person

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:05 pm

The 'burbs of the Ville

by Melissa Richards-Person » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:32 pm

Steve P wrote:
Melissa Richards-Person wrote:
And I missed the opportunity to wear my Seahawks sweater proudly at Coals on Sunday :( But, Madeline, if you can confirm that you're "on" as Seahawks central next season (when we're pre-season #1 in the West :P ) I'll be there! (Robin & Steve - you're welcome too.....)

Just kinda FYI...there aren't any "pre-season #1's" in professional sports... :wink::

....with all due respect Steve, this part's kinda my business... :wink: and I think that Don Banks at Sports Illustrated might disagree with you....http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/w ... index.html

But, we can agree that there isn't a AP, Coaches Poll, or BCS ranking as in college.... that actually wasn't what I was referring too, but more how the SI and other pubs note the various divisions within the AFC and NFC are likely to finish, when they put our their preview issues. :wink:

(Have you figured out I'm not your typical casual female sports fan?) :lol:
User

Melissa Richards-Person

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:05 pm

The 'burbs of the Ville

by Melissa Richards-Person » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:33 pm

Marsha L. wrote:Just so y'all know - Nate Silver, the NYT statistician who correctly projected the outcome of last fall's election in all 50 states, has projected a Patriots-Seahawks Superbowl for this season:

Sigh. I think I might have preferred that he was right about this instead..... :o
Previous