Off-topic discussions about regional news, issues and politics. Pretty much everything goes here, but keep it polite: Flaming and spamming aren't welcome.

The Clothes Horse

no avatar
User

MarieP

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:56 pm

St. Matthews

The Clothes Horse

by MarieP » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:02 pm

I called The Clothes Horse Consignments right before the New Year, and the phone was no longer in service- I was hoping this was because of their annual vacation, but alas it's not! The number for the excellent little lunch spot that shares the space, the Feed Bag, was still working, and they said they'd be open again this week. I called this evening, and the Clothes Horse number is still not in service, and the Feed Bag number rings and rings.

I called their neighbor Porter Paints, and they told me all they knew was that the Clothes Horse was bought out by a competitor (I'm wondering if it was the Clothes Mentor by the Hubbards Lane Kroger?) The Feed Bag, as far as they knew, was still open. According to the Feed Bag Facebook page, they were reopening this past Wednesday.

This is sad news indeed! They had excellent prices on nice clothing! I found a few things I needed at Clothes Mentor, but they charge $12 for what The Clothes Horse only charged $4-8. How long have they been gone, anyone know? The last time I'd been in, last summer sometime, they'd been really busy. I didn't realize they were closing!

Anyone know where their former customers are now selling their clothes?

I just hope the Feed Bag is still open, like the guy at Porter Paints thought! They could actually use the space to expand!
no avatar
User

MarieP

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:56 pm

St. Matthews

Re: The Clothes Horse

by MarieP » Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:04 pm

Update: The Feed Bag is still going strong! There was even a line of people waiting- which probably was there before, but they were all shopping! Although the Clothes Horse was bought out, a new consignment store is coming in its place! Dario's Closet (DAvid and RIta Olshansky of Lyndon Lane Consignments- never been there) hopes to open in mid-Feb. From the flier, it sounds very similar to Clothes Horse, with the addition of shoes and UK/UL jewelry. They will be accepting consignment items, 15 item limit. So glad someone is stepping in to replace Clothes Horse! Hopefully it will be just as good, if not better!

It's a little amusing that there will be a Dario's and a DiOrio's practically in the same block...