Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Restaurant Space

no avatar
User

David McLaurin

{ RANK }

Just got here

Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:41 am

Restaurant Space

by David McLaurin » Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:56 pm

Hope everyone had, or is having, a wonderful holiday. Can anyone refer me to a really good commercial real estate person. I am relocating to Louisville and I am seeking restaurant space for myself and a business partner and just need a little help getting a good grasp on the various areas and opportunities available. Sorry before hand if this is the wrong area for this question.
User

Stephen D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:41 am

Lyndon, Ky

Re: Restaurant Space

by Stephen D » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:42 pm

We'd be happy to help you out, but a question must be begged...

What style of restaurant are you planning to open? Of course we understand the need for secrecy with regards to your concept, but are you a quick serve? Fine dining? The more details you are comfortable providing, the better.

The Houston Group may also prove to be a good resource for you. They kind of specialize in these things.

Wishing you the best of luck...
no avatar
User

David McLaurin

{ RANK }

Just got here

by David McLaurin » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:52 pm

Thanks Stephen! The thing is that I have a couple of concepts in mind and the direction we opt on will be, in part, based upon the location and area we decide.on. Both my partner and I have experience in both fine dining AND quick service so once we find the space that "speaks" to us then we will decide in which direction to proceed. I will say that we do not want to be part of a strip center but would prefer to be in a really neat area with a good amount of foot traffic. thanks again!
no avatar
User

David Lange

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:11 am

Louisville

by David Lange » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:42 am

David
You may want to talk to Paul Grisanti of the Grisanti Group. Paul is a former restauranteur and has helped a lot of new restaurants open. My wife Joyce runs the office and she would be glad to get you in touch with Paul. Their number is 253-1811.
David Lange
" Life's too short to drink bad coffee"
User

Jon K

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:22 pm

by Jon K » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:41 am

And welcome to Louisville! It's a great restaurant town.
User

Antonia L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:28 am

Cherokee Triangle

by Antonia L » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:05 pm

Jon K wrote:And welcome to Louisville! It's a great restaurant town.

Ditto that! You picked a winner.
User

Stephen D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:41 am

Lyndon, Ky

by Stephen D » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:23 pm

David Lange wrote:David
You may want to talk to Paul Grisanti of the Grisanti Group. Paul is a former restauranteur and has helped a lot of new restaurants open. My wife Joyce runs the office and she would be glad to get you in touch with Paul. Their number is 253-1811.

Love it.

The real business in this city is done with handshakes and hugs. There's a pecking order, and the Grisanti's are elders. The Lange's are some of the finest people I have ever had the pleasure to know. Nothing against Houston- I love him and his too, but they take precedence, in my mind.

(anybody take exception to what I just said?)

They'll steer you right, for sure.
User

Luca B

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:55 pm

by Luca B » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:48 am

All great recommendations so far....
The old Quest Outdoors 2330 Frankfort Avenue is available, great neighborhood, large space, parking etc. (formerly Zephyr Cove). There is also a smaller space across the street from that (used to be UPS store)
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:09 am

Luca B wrote:The old Quest Outdoors 2330 Frankfort Avenue is available, great neighborhood, large space, parking etc. (formerly Zephyr Cove).

I don't know about its quirks from the kitchen or FOH perspective, but as a dining consumer, I loved that space and hated to see it go retail when Zephyr Cove left. It's a natural venue for upscale casual fine dining.
User

Antonia L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:28 am

Cherokee Triangle

by Antonia L » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:23 am

Robin Garr wrote:
Luca B wrote:The old Quest Outdoors 2330 Frankfort Avenue is available, great neighborhood, large space, parking etc. (formerly Zephyr Cove).

I don't know about its quirks from the kitchen or FOH perspective, but as a dining consumer, I loved that space and hated to see it go retail when Zephyr Cove left. It's a natural venue for upscale casual fine dining.

Ooh, great idea! That was a cool space.
no avatar
User

David McLaurin

{ RANK }

Just got here

by David McLaurin » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:37 am

Thanks everyone for the great information and the referrals! The preferred space for us would be in the 40 to 60 seat range and would offer decent foot traffic during the lunch nd dinner hours. I will be contacting the folks you all have recommended and can not wait to get there! Thanks again!