Off-topic discussions about regional news, issues and politics. Pretty much everything goes here, but keep it polite: Flaming and spamming aren't welcome.
no avatar
User

Richard S.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:47 pm

What neighborhood has the best Christmas lights?

by Richard S. » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:53 pm

I can't believe I don't already know this, but what neighborhoods around town have the best Christmas lights? It seems as if every city I've lived in has one or two go-to areas for driving around and looking at the lights.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: What neighborhood has the best Christmas lights?

by Robin Garr » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:24 pm

Richard, for whatever reason (the economy? Political polarization? :mrgreen: ) this practice seems to have cooled down in Louisville. When I worked at the papers, we used to do a feature story about this every Christmas, and as I recall, a neighborhood around Shively called Bonnie Lea (?) used to be the place to go. I doubt it still is. Much to my amazement, that was ... um ... 20-plus years ago. :oops:

I've heard, though, but can't confirm, that the tract mansions in Lake Forest Subdivision (restaurant reference, close to Jasmine and where Gourmet To Go used to be) put on a pretty good show.
User

Jay M.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:09 pm

by Jay M. » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:50 pm

See this discussion from a few years ago. The comment I made about Windemere subdivision still applies and the map link still works. Have fun.....

http://forums.louisvillehotbytes.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4900&p=47947&hilit=Lights#p47947
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:08 pm

Jay M. wrote:See this discussion from a few years ago. The comment I made about Windemere subdivision still applies and the map link still works. Have fun.....

http://forums.louisvillehotbytes.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4900&p=47947&hilit=Lights#p47947

Excellent, thanks, Jay! I'm embarrassed that I didn't remember that discussion.
no avatar
User

Richard S.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:47 pm

by Richard S. » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:00 pm

We did the Windmere subdivision last night. It was very nice. Thanks for the suggestion.
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

by Carla G » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:44 pm

Lake Forrest (as Robin suggested) and Briar Hill ( off 22) are pretty flashy.
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson