Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:00 am

Shelby County

Chipotle to downtown

by TP Lowe » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:15 pm

Per Business First, Chipotle to open next to Hyatt:

http://www.bizjournals.com/louisville/n ... ng-to.html
User

Jeff Cavanaugh

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:49 am

Re: Chipotle to downtown

by Jeff Cavanaugh » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:55 pm

Someone at Chipotle told me last month they were shooting to be open in February, but perhaps that's been pushed back a bit.
no avatar
User

Adam Arnold

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:56 am

by Adam Arnold » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:24 pm

Interesting... I always thought Einstein Bros held that entire space. With that said, is it really necessary for them to open across the street from Qdoba? Why not further down...say where the PNC used to be at the corner of Muhammad Ali and Fourth?
User

Suzi Bernert

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:08 pm

Louisville, KY

by Suzi Bernert » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:03 pm

There is an open space directly on the corner next to Einstein Bros. I hope Einstein is staying, it is the best lox and bagel here and my go to when I am craving that. :)
Retired from LMEMS
Co-Founder and House Mother
Berndows Enterprise
"Time to eat?"
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:22 pm

That's good news because Chipotle is supposed to be an exceptionally good chain. If I'm not mistaken, they came under Mickey D's corporate bumbershoot for a while but bought themselves back out so they could fly their own flag. Probably worth a bit of googling to bring up the store to link in this thread, but I don't have time to do it now.
User

Jeff Cavanaugh

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Jeff Cavanaugh » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:33 pm

Adam Arnold wrote:Interesting... I always thought Einstein Bros held that entire space. With that said, is it really necessary for them to open across the street from Qdoba? Why not further down...say where the PNC used to be at the corner of Muhammad Ali and Fourth?

The space on the corner is next to Einstein Bros and used to be the Charles Schwab offices. It's been sitting empty for a few years now.
no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:34 pm

by James Natsis » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:50 pm

A half dozen Moe's and six Chipotles add up to the same thing in my book--Quedobas included! I'm glad to see density in that part of downtown, but it is looking too corporate. Fortunately, East Market is not too far off for those out-of-towners looking for a more authentic experience within the downtown perimeter.
James J. Natsis
User

Ray Griffith

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:39 pm

Highlands

by Ray Griffith » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:22 am

James Natsis wrote:A half dozen Moe's and six Chipotles add up to the same thing in my book--Quedobas included! I'm glad to see density in that part of downtown, but it is looking too corporate. Fortunately, East Market is not too far off for those out-of-towners looking for a more authentic experience within the downtown perimeter.

Nicely said.
User

Jeff Cavanaugh

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Jeff Cavanaugh » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:14 am

James Natsis wrote:A half dozen Moe's and six Chipotles add up to the same thing in my book--Quedobas included! I'm glad to see density in that part of downtown, but it is looking too corporate. Fortunately, East Market is not too far off for those out-of-towners looking for a more authentic experience within the downtown perimeter.

For those of us corporate drones who work downtown and don't have hours to luxuriate on a NuLu lunch, new fast food options on Fourth Street are a welcome addition. And in my book, one Chipotle is worth all the Qdobas and Moe'ses in town.
no avatar
User

Adam Arnold

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:56 am

by Adam Arnold » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:58 pm

Jeff Cavanaugh wrote:

For those of us corporate drones who work downtown and don't have hours to luxuriate on a NuLu lunch, new fast food options on Fourth Street are a welcome addition. And in my book, one Chipotle is worth all the Qdobas and Moe'ses in town.

I think Chipotle is a bit overrated compared to the others. While they do have the best ingredients of the three, Qdoba has the best variety (mmm Chicken Queso...), while Moe's has the best sauces and nachos.
User

Antonia L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:28 am

Cherokee Triangle

by Antonia L » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:42 pm

Jeff Cavanaugh wrote:

Locals like TC's, Dish, Osaka, Chop Shop, Bazo's (all on W. Market), J Gumbo's )5th and Jeff.), Cravings in the National City/PNC Tower, etc., are also good options when one must get back to droning in a faster timeframe.

I've never tried Chipotle, so it's cool one's opening so close to where I work. I'll give it a whirl.
User

Jeff Cavanaugh

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Jeff Cavanaugh » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:06 pm

Adam Arnold wrote:
Jeff Cavanaugh wrote:

I think Chipotle is a bit overrated compared to the others. While they do have the best ingredients of the three, Qdoba has the best variety (mmm Chicken Queso...), while Moe's has the best sauces and nachos.

I don't hate the others, but Chipotle's far better ingredients seal the deal for me. Lack of variety isn't a concern, either - some of my favorite restaurants are ones that do only a few things, but do them really well. Give me five (or even two or three) awesome options any day rather than an endless list of mediocre ones a la Cheesecake Factory
User

Antonia L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:28 am

Cherokee Triangle

by Antonia L » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:19 pm

Jeff Cavanaugh wrote:Give me five (or even two or three) awesome options any day rather than an endless list of mediocre ones a la Cheesecake Factory

That.
no avatar
User

Kris Billiter

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:12 am

Downtown

by Kris Billiter » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:56 pm

I just discovered Cravings on a recent jury duty stint. Man that place is good. Great variety of good food at an affordable price. I need to get back there
no avatar
User

Kari L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:11 pm

Sellersburg, IN

by Kari L » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:20 pm

I like Chipotle the best of the "build your burrito" chains, because they offer brown rice. Their menu and pricing structure is also very simple, which is a refreshing change from a lot of "menu board" type restaurants.

I just hope they're open for dinner too. Zoup came to downtown but they're only open for lunch...as a result I've only been there once. If there was one open for dinner, we'd probably go quite a bit.

Edit: Looks like they've changed their hours and are now open until 7 p.m. on weekdays. Woohoo!
Last edited by Kari L on Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Next