Hitting the road? Ask questions about dining out anywhere, and post your trip reports here!

Pappasito's

Moderator: Robin Garr

no avatar
User

Neal M

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:37 pm

Louisville

Pappasito's

by Neal M » Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:25 pm

A long time ago on the Louisville board there was news about a Pappasito's opening in Cinci. I see no reference to it on their website. Did they actually open one in Cinci?
no avatar
User

Brien Abt

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue May 01, 2007 9:46 am

Jeffersonville

by Brien Abt » Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:37 pm

No, they own the property next door to the Pappadeaux but they have not done anything with it yet. The Pappas chain only opens 1 restaurant at a time up since they have an in house architect so it may be a while before they get it open. They do have a phone number in Cinci so I am sure one will be there eventually.
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:48 am

by Ron Johnson » Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:30 am

The delay is due to the fact that they only have one architect? That seems like an odd business model. Also, aren't most of the structures pretty much the same? Seems like they could just use the same plans. What a waste to buy an expensive piece of property and sit on it for years because your architect is too busy.
no avatar
User

Neal M

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:37 pm

Louisville

I agree

by Neal M » Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:30 pm

Seems like a waste but you know it's a funny, small world. I once sat next to their architect years ago on a flight from Chicago back home to Houston. He was there working on one of the first Papadeaux's outside of Texas. They've come a long way.
no avatar
User

Brien Abt

{ RANK }

Foodie

Jeffersonville

by Brien Abt » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:09 am

They are very deliberate in the way that they open anything. They tried to do it differently years ago and it did not work. Something must be working because they have grown from 5 stores 20 years ago into what they are today with no outside funding.
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:48 am

by Ron Johnson » Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:33 am

so, how long does it take this lonely architect to get to new projects? should folks in Cincinnati expect anything to happen in the next few years?
no avatar
User

Brien Abt

{ RANK }

Foodie

Jeffersonville

by Brien Abt » Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:05 pm

I called a friend of mine in Houston that runs a Pappasito's and he said that they normally buy 2 properties at a time when they go to a new city right next to each other and that the 2 restaurants are built about 2 years apart.