Off-topic discussions about regional news, issues and politics. Pretty much everything goes here, but keep it polite: Flaming and spamming aren't welcome.

Delayed by Foxes!

User

Shane Campbell

{ RANK }

In Time Out Room

Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:08 pm

Hoosierville

Delayed by Foxes!

by Shane Campbell » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:45 am

Getting ready to head to the pub on Friday when Donna says "What's in our yard?" My mind instantly replayed some of the memorable discoveries that have answered this query previously? Would it be wind blown debris, ground hog, possum, snapping turtle? Once, she looked out to see our daughter sun bathing on a blanket and surrounded by no less than six grazing bunnies.

Deer are common as are dogs and cats (other peoples). I watched in amazement a few months ago as a rafter of turkeys wandered from the edge of the woods into the sixty-five acre field next door.

I would not have been surprised to see a cow, horse, or even a coyote. I never expected to see these two ne' er-do-wells! They wandered around sniffing and investigating for a while. I snuck around from the front door and shot pictures from the porch. It wasn't until my phone chimed that I was reminded that we were suppose to have left already. Oh well, they would understand. We were delayed by foxes!
Attachments
Fox3.jpg
Was that your phone?
Fox3.jpg (25.9 KiB) Viewed 3302 times
Fox2.jpg
Does this smell funny?
Fox2.jpg (27.23 KiB) Viewed 3302 times
Fox1.jpg
Squirrel?
Fox1.jpg (26.59 KiB) Viewed 3302 times
I'm a bitter drinker....I just prefer it that way
User

Lois Mauk

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:08 pm

Jeffersonville, Indiana

Re: Delayed by Foxes!

by Lois Mauk » Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:53 pm

How cool! Certainly a valid excuse for tardiness.
I used to have a Red Fox who lived near my home in the woods in Atlanta. It always made my day to spot him/her.

Lois
Make a fast friend . . . Adopt a retired racer from Greyhound Pets of America!
http://www.GPALouisville.org
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

Re: Delayed by Foxes!

by Carla G » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:00 pm

Handsome animals.
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson