Off-topic discussions about regional news, issues and politics. Pretty much everything goes here, but keep it polite: Flaming and spamming aren't welcome.
User

Charles W.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:53 pm

Schnitzelburg

Quartz/Granite Countertop recs

by Charles W. » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:48 am

So, we've been looking at Home Depot for Quartz (or possibly Granite) countertop. Thought I'd check to see if folks had local recommendations. I'm going to Cardinal Kitchen and Kentuckiana Countertops. I'd appreciate any recommendations you might have.
User

Jeffrey D.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:49 am

Prospect

Re: Quartz/Granite Countertop recs

by Jeffrey D. » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:32 pm

We did this less than a year ago. Went to many - Global, Triton, Mees, Lowes, HD, Sam Kinnard's, etc. etc.

Ended up going with Granite America. Way downtown on St. Louis, several blocks south of Broadway. Low tech. No fancy laser paternning (at least at that time). But much the better price, good to work worth and we were happy with the selection and finished product. Liked the installers, too.

http://www.graniteamericausa.com/
My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
User

Charles W.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Schnitzelburg

by Charles W. » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:51 pm

Thanks. We'd just about decided on Quartz, but these folks look interesting.
User

Charles W.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Schnitzelburg

by Charles W. » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:51 am

I've learned a couple of things. 1) Cardinal Kitchen is Lowe's! Not exactly, but if you go to Lowe's and order countertop, you'll eventually end up at CK to pick your piece, and they'll install it. HD's installer is out of Cincinnati. 2) We went to Granite America (why America and USA?) and found a piece we really liked. Going with them, I think.

Charles