Off-topic discussions about regional news, issues and politics. Pretty much everything goes here, but keep it polite: Flaming and spamming aren't welcome.

Google Calender help

User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:31 pm

Old Louisville

Google Calender help

by Leah S » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:36 am

It's a simple thing, right? Well not what I want to do, apparently. Seems I need to use Joomla, or something similar but the more I read, the more it all turns into Charlie Brown's teacher. "wah, wah, wah . . ." help, please
User

Steve H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:27 pm

Neanderthals rock!

Re: Google Calender help

by Steve H » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:09 am

I have used Google Docs and Calendars lightly, so I might be able to help. What are you trying to do?
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:27 am

Yeah, Mary and I use Google Calendar for our family and business calendars and have been for several years, so I'd call us "light users." I'm not clear what the question is, though.
User

Charles W.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:53 pm

Schnitzelburg

by Charles W. » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:17 am

we have 3 calendars set up for personal use, I sync my Outlook work calendar to my Google calendar (so my wife knows where I am), and I have outlook and all our google calendars displayed on my iPhone. We're pretty heavy users and like it a lot.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:42 pm

Charles W. wrote:I have outlook and all our google calendars displayed on my iPhone.

I should have mentioned that the best thing about it is access everywhere: We can both reach the calendar on desktop, portable, iPad and two iPhones.
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:31 pm

Old Louisville

by Leah S » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:51 pm

I'm trying to mash together a bunch of individual calendars and then embed that in a website.
User

Charles W.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:53 pm

Schnitzelburg

by Charles W. » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:21 pm

I'm assuming these directions aren't working for you?

http://support.google.com/calendar/bin/ ... swer=41207
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:42 pm

Leah S wrote:I'm trying to mash together a bunch of individual calendars and then embed that in a website.

Food truck thing? If so, hasn't Matt Davis already put together something similar?

Of course, I'm just guessing here ... if it's something completely different, then I go back to what Charles said ...
User

Matt Davis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:01 pm

by Matt Davis » Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:02 pm

Yanno Leah all the food trucks in your "association" are free to create google calendars and truck profiles on the Louisville Street Food website.

Robin I think its more of a control thing, she doesnt want to use my stuff... she wants to run her own stuff.
Matt Davis
Owner/Operator
Lil Cheezers Gourmet Grilled Cheese
938 Baxter Ave
Louisville, Ky 40204
http://www.lilcheezers.com
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:13 pm

Matt Davis wrote:Yanno Leah all the food trucks in your "association" are free to create google calendars and truck profiles on the Louisville Street Food website.

Robin I think its more of a control thing, she doesnt want to use my stuff... she wants to run her own stuff.

I think one of the best things about the food truck evolution in Louisville has been the teamwork and working together. I would really hate to see that break down, and would use any influence I might have to prevent that.

What say, Leah? Can we work this out?
User

Matt Davis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:01 pm

by Matt Davis » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:59 pm

I personally think an overall overhaul of the association idea is in order. The structure isn't right and neither is the primary focus.

In my mind a food truck association should work with these small businesses, get them attention in the areas that are needed. Focus on peoples strengths in the group and have them assist others in the group that are lacking in that department.

If truck one's owner is good at social media and truck two's owner is good at food costing then they could work together to help each other out. That sounds like a plan for success to me. Trucks helping trucks.

If the food isn't good then we should tell each other. If promotion is a problem then how, as a team, can we solve it? If truck design, logos and print media could be touched up and someone in the group has that experience then it should be utilized.

I realize this isn't the forum for this but I apparently just let it all go. Sorry.
Matt Davis
Owner/Operator
Lil Cheezers Gourmet Grilled Cheese
938 Baxter Ave
Louisville, Ky 40204
http://www.lilcheezers.com
User

Scott Hack

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:09 pm

Pewee Valley, Kentucky

by Scott Hack » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:47 pm

Leah,

This can be accomplished fairly easily with WordPress.

I do some consulting in the winter time when I'm not as busy with real estate.

Or if you want to give it a crack on your own, find a host that has 1 button WordPress install, and then give this plugin a try. It should meet your needs.

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/goo ... ar-events/

If you still want to get this done after Thanksgiving, get in touch. I'm pretty easy to get a hold of.

-Scott

PS - My rates are really cheap. I usually barter for goods or services!
Scott Hack
Finish Line Realty
502-376-4225