Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

RichardM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:18 am

Louisville, KY

You Are Invited To NETSocial 2.0

by RichardM » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:48 am

You're (notice I used the correct form there) Invited 

Looking Forward To Seeing You Tomorrow!

NETSocial 2.0
Tuesday August 21 - 6:30 PM - 2230 GMT
Hometown Pizza - 4041 Preston Highway, Louisville, KY 40213
http://www.hometownpizza.com  to look over their menu
They have a full bar and Falls City on draft.
FACEBOOK:  http://goo.gl/e5rqn
RSVP - message on facebook or e-mail rmeadows@gmail.com

FOOD - Technology - FOOD - User Help - FOOD - Questions Answered

Anyone who uses and abuses today's technology is invited. Come out and help someone, get help from someone and enjoy good food.

NETSocials were started in the late 1990's and ran until the mid 2000's.  Now it is time to pick them back up and get even more people involved in having some good food and using your technology to its fullest.  The idea behind NETSocials was to meet other geeks and nerds, everyday computer users and new people, out side of work for some sustenance and cross pollinate ideas to make your user experience better. The reason to bring them back is there are so many more people now using technology who need that informal help. Get a simple question answered or show off an Easter Egg.

Think person to person interaction. That human contact thing that is lacking in just computering.

To more fully understand -  google the term: askew    See that explains it much better than I can. 

Did you know that no matter if you have an iOS or an Android smart device you can write text on your screen with your finger in google.com to do searches? Nothing else needed it just works.  That is the kind of thing you'll learn or teach someone else. One of the most important things we learned when NETSocials were first around was that no one knew as much as all of us together. 

This is a BYOD and order your own food meeting.  Have a web site address to share with everyone. Bring you questions and there will be someone there who can answer it or point you in the right direction.  Call up a friend and invite them to come with you. 
Last edited by RichardM on Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Richard Lord Meadows, Earl of Vienna, Marquess of Morgantown and Westover, Baronet of Parkersburg, and West Virginia’s Ambassador to the Portland Neighborhood.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: You Are Invited To NETSocial 2.0

by Robin Garr » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:52 pm

RichardM wrote:NETSocial 2.0

Whoa! I remember NETSocial 1.0! Wasn't that an Iglou-based community venture?

Since this forum is way down the list (off the first page in many browsers) and hasn't been used for ages, Richard, I'm thinking it might be okay to post this in the main forum. If you don't object, I'll use Sysop Magic and move it over.
no avatar
User

RichardM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:18 am

Louisville, KY

by RichardM » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:25 pm

Robin Garr wrote:
RichardM wrote:NETSocial 2.0

Whoa! I remember NETSocial 1.0! Wasn't that an Iglou-based community venture?

Since this forum is way down the list (off the first page in many browsers) and hasn't been used for ages, Richard, I'm thinking it might be okay to post this in the main forum. If you don't object, I'll use Sysop Magic and move it over.

BY ALL MEANS PLEASE DO. I DIDN'T WANT POST IT THERE SINCE THERE IS A PLACE FOR OFFLINE STUFF, BUT YEAH... PLEASE...

And, yes, back in the day I ran them at/for IgLou. Bringing them back.

Rich
Richard Lord Meadows, Earl of Vienna, Marquess of Morgantown and Westover, Baronet of Parkersburg, and West Virginia’s Ambassador to the Portland Neighborhood.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:30 pm

Moved it is! I might also de-bold it ... same netiquette as ALL CAPS, in my humble o - looks too much like yelling. :oops: