Like to cook? In this forum, both amateur and pro chefs can share recipes, procedures and cooking tips and talk about local restaurant recipes.

Frozen Puff Pastry dough

User

BevP

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat May 01, 2010 11:06 pm

Bullitt County KY

Frozen Puff Pastry dough

by BevP » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:57 am

My son is wanting me to ask if anyone knows where to purchase frozen puff pastry dough. He is not looking for phyllo dough which is what I was confused about but puff pastry dough. He has brought home some wonderful creme horns from school this quarter and now is going to make them at home.
Thanks!
no avatar
User

AmyBK

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:32 pm

Main St. days, East End nights

Re: Frozen Puff Pastry dough

by AmyBK » Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:07 pm

Bev, you should be able to find it at Krogers or Meijers. It will be in the freezer case with pie crusts, phyllo, tart shells, etc. It should be easy to find and darn it if you didn't remind me that I meant to pick some up this morning for a tomato tart! that's what I get for shopping without a list....
User

BevP

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat May 01, 2010 11:06 pm

Bullitt County KY

by BevP » Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:23 pm

We looked at meijer and all they had was the pre made puff cups he wants the sheets ...We will look at more stores didnt know if the sheets were a specialty item or something.
Thanks
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:07 pm

BevP wrote:We looked at meijer and all they had was the pre made puff cups he wants the sheets ...We will look at more stores didnt know if the sheets were a specialty item or something.
Thanks

Bev, we've gotten the sheets (ages ago, though) at the big Kroger in St. Mathews, but I know that's a haul for you. I would not be surprised to find it at Lotsa Pasta, either, if you're over this way. Whole Foods too, I guess.