Hitting the road? Ask questions about dining out anywhere, and post your trip reports here!

Quick Getaway

Moderator: Robin Garr

User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

Quick Getaway

by Deb Hall » Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:38 pm

All,
Aiden is going with grandparents for a week-long trip in a couple weeks and it suddenly occurred to us that we would be child-free! I’m trying to think of an idea for an adults only getaway- likely one-2 nights overnight within 2-2 ½ hours from home. We’d leave late Friday night or early Saturday.

Looking for suggestions on where to go, and where to stay. We’ve been to Cincy and Indy many times, but never without kids so that's one thought. Love to go someplace different if there is a suggestion. We are looking for relaxation and a change of scenery; unfortunately due to my foot hiking is completely out, and walking needs to be reasonable. We don't need alot of activities- mostly just to chill; food-related activities/places are always a draw. Any ideas on where to stay? Maybe a B&B?

Thanks!
Deb
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Quick Getaway

by Robin Garr » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:40 pm

Shakertown at Pleasant Hill? Maybe with a trip out one night to either Beaumont Inn or someplace in Lexington?

This would be Mary's and my choice for a quick, peaceful getaway with a food touch.
User

Brad Keeton

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:04 pm

Highlands

by Brad Keeton » Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:42 pm

I'd suggest West Baden Springs/French Lick - swimming, horseback riding, spa, gambling, bowling, golf, etc. etc. Stay at West Baden if you can - nicer and much more peaceful.
"I don't eat vegans. They're too bony."
-Alton Brown
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

by Deb Hall » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:47 pm

Thanks for the input, gentleman! :D Both of these were options we considered last night, but we decided to go to Cincy- in large part to go to the Findlay Market ( we've never been). I'm starting a new thread to get Cincy recommendations.

Deb