Like to cook? In this forum, both amateur and pro chefs can share recipes, procedures and cooking tips and talk about local restaurant recipes.

Source for Quail

no avatar
User

Michele Cull

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:44 am

Original Highlands

Source for Quail

by Michele Cull » Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:24 pm

Need an inexpensive source for quail this weekend for Vacation Bible School. We are wandering in the Wilderness and need manna and quail. I think I have the manna figured out, but would like them to try at least a taste of quail. They went crazy for venison the last few years but my source does not bird hunt. We have 25 or so kids that attend. I could use chicken meat but that would not be near as much fun...

MissChele
MissChele
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Source for Quail

by Robin Garr » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:43 pm

Michele Cull wrote:Need an inexpensive source for quail this weekend for Vacation Bible School. We are wandering in the Wilderness and need manna and quail. I think I have the manna figured out, but would like them to try at least a taste of quail. They went crazy for venison the last few years but my source does not bird hunt. We have 25 or so kids that attend. I could use chicken meat but that would not be near as much fun...

Michele, Valu Market in Iroquois Manor often has them frozen in fairly big packages, and I don't recall them being terribly expensive.

Are you going to make the kids eat quail until they are loathsome to them and come out their nostrils? :lol: :lol:
no avatar
User

Michele Cull

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:44 am

Original Highlands

Re: Source for Quail

by Michele Cull » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:01 pm

Whatever it takes, Robin!
MissChele