Off-topic discussions about regional news, issues and politics. Pretty much everything goes here, but keep it polite: Flaming and spamming aren't welcome.

Derby hats

User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

Derby hats

by Carla G » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:04 am

Gee, I'm not really sure why I'm posting this but, anyway...
If anyone is still looking for their Derby hat, bonnet, whimsy, or facinator, Dee's Crafts has a ton! A ton I say! Many of them are made here in town by our own craftspeople . They also have all the stuff to make your own hat to your own creative vision.
I am not affiliated with the store at all, I just love pretty hats. When I saw them at Dee's I thought, "wow! Someone should buy these!"
OK I 'll shuffle on back to the asylum. K. Bye.
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson
no avatar
User

Megan Watts

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:44 am

Louisville

Re: Derby hats

by Megan Watts » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:39 am

I want a fascinator..but have no where to wear one. Do you think it would be a bit pretentious to wear one while working around the house..changing diapers...etc.? :lol:
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

by Carla G » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:17 pm

I would think, yes, it would be fine and quite acceptable as long as you post the photographs here.
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson
User

BevP

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat May 01, 2010 11:06 pm

Bullitt County KY

by BevP » Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:33 pm

Now that I have attended my first offline ..it might be fun to pick one and decide to wear fun hats...or not...I am crazy I have the papers to prove it!
:D
User

Marsha L.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:56 pm

Louisville, KY

by Marsha L. » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:58 am

BevP wrote:Now that I have attended my first offline ..it might be fun to pick one and decide to wear fun hats...or not...I am crazy I have the papers to prove it!

Bev! Great minds think alike - we did that a few years ago already :( And it WAS fun. Check out the photos: http://forums.louisvillehotbytes.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6011&p=60325&hilit=hats+on+offline#p60325
Marsha Lynch
LEO columnist, free range cook/food writer/food stylist
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

by Deb Hall » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:00 pm

Marsha L. wrote:
BevP wrote:Now that I have attended my first offline ..it might be fun to pick one and decide to wear fun hats...or not...I am crazy I have the papers to prove it!

Bev! Great minds think alike - we did that a few years ago already :( And it WAS fun. Check out the photos: http://forums.louisvillehotbytes.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6011&p=60325&hilit=hats+on+offline#p60325

Marsha,

Thanks for reposting that link! I'd almost forgotten my all-time favorite hat- Gary's Dutch lace bonnet!
:D :wink:
User

Gayle DeM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:42 pm

by Gayle DeM » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:08 pm

Marsha,

Thanks for reposting that link! I'd almost forgotten my all-time favorite hat- Gary's Dutch lace bonnet!

Ditto! ROTFLMAO Thank you for the reminder, Marsha.
"I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian" -Erma Bombeck
User

BevP

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat May 01, 2010 11:06 pm

Bullitt County KY

by BevP » Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:12 am

Those pics were great! That was exactly what I had in mind..but that was right about a year before I joined the forum anyway Thanks for the pics!