Off-topic discussions about regional news, issues and politics. Pretty much everything goes here, but keep it polite: Flaming and spamming aren't welcome.
no avatar
User

RichardM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:18 am

Louisville, KY

Beaujolais with my super conductor please.

by RichardM » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:18 pm

I read. I read tech stuff everyday, 10-14 newspapers online, one dead tree paper or what attempts to pass as one here in Louisville, and follow a lot of links. Because of that I come across stuff like children in Brazil being chipped to stop truancy or at least their school uniforms are chipped. Then today I come across this article that says some physicists learned red wine can turn certain materials into superconductors.

Oh it gets better. Beaujolais is the best wine for it, specifically a 2009 Beajoulais from the Paul Beaudet winery in central France.

JEEEBUS... what these wine heads spilled some good beaujolais on an experiment and came up with iron super conductors? Ok... don't believe it... Read It Here:

http://www.technologyreview.com/blog/ar ... /?p1=blogs

Richard
Richard Lord Meadows, Earl of Vienna, Marquess of Morgantown and Westover, Baronet of Parkersburg, and West Virginia’s Ambassador to the Portland Neighborhood.
User

Lisa Stephenson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:06 pm

Jeffersonville, IN

Re: Beaujolais with my super conductor please.

by Lisa Stephenson » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:12 am

Wow that is really interesting. Thanks for sharing!
A super conductor in the mouth. Hmmm... A few wines cause tongue tingle. I figured they needed to breathe a bit. Maybe they're just super conducting? :wink: