Off-topic discussions about regional news, issues and politics. Pretty much everything goes here, but keep it polite: Flaming and spamming aren't welcome.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Cabela's plans shop at Old Brownsboro Crossing

by Robin Garr » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:20 am

I left this news release unedited for your enjoyment. :mrgreen:

Cabela’s Announces Plans for Louisville, Ky., Store
88,000-square-foot Store to Open in Spring of 2013

SIDNEY, Neb. (Feb. 16, 2012) – Cabela’s Incorporated, the World’s Foremost Outfitter of hunting, fishing and outdoor gear, announced today plans to open a store in Louisville, Ky., bringing the unique Cabela’s retail experience to customers in Louisville and the surrounding area.

Construction is scheduled to begin in the summer of 2012 and Cabela’s expects to open the store in the spring of 2013. The 88,000-square-foot facility will be located in the Old Brownsboro Crossing development at the intersections of Interstates 265 and 71. It will be Cabela’s first store in Kentucky.

The store will be built in Cabela’s trademark style with an exterior of log construction, stonework, wood siding and metal roofing. A large glass storefront will allow customers to view much of the store’s interior as they approach the building.

The interior will be built in Cabela’s next-generation layout, designed to surround customers in an outdoor-like experience with museum-quality wildlife and outdoor memorabilia displays. The store will feature a Boat Shop, Gun Library, Fudge Shop, Bargain Cave and a wide range of outdoor products. It also will offer an In-Store Pickup Program, allowing customers to order any Cabela’s merchandise delivered to any Cabela’s store free of charge.

“Because we have so many loyal customers in the Bluegrass State, we’ve had our eye on Kentucky for a long time,” said Cabela’s Chief Executive Officer Tommy Millner. “There are many Kentuckians who share our passion for the outdoors and who live the Cabela’s lifestyle. We are excited to get the doors open.”

The store is expected to employ approximately 200 full- and part-time employees. Most will come from Louisville and the surrounding area. Cabela’s typically attracts experienced outdoor recreationalists who have a passion for outdoor sports and an aptitude for customer service, creating a family of employees known for their passion for and knowledge of the outdoors.

Cabela’s plans to open stores in Wichita, Kan.; Tulalip, Wash.; Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada; Charleston, W.Va.; Rogers, Ark.; and Union Gap, Wash., in 2012. Cabela’s also plans to open stores in Columbus, Ohio, and Grandville, Mich., in 2013.

Cabela’s stores showcase thousands of products, including hunting, fishing, camping, hiking, boating and wildlife-watching gear, as well as clothing and outdoor-themed gifts and furnishings. Cabela’s is famous for its strong brand and world-renowned reputation for delivering quality merchandise, value and legendary customer service.

The Old Brownsboro Crossing development is near Summit Lifestyle Center and also includes Costco and Lowe’s, as well as restaurants and medical offices.

About Cabela’s Incorporated

Cabela’s Incorporated, headquartered in Sidney, Nebraska, is a leading specialty retailer, and the world’s largest direct marketer, of hunting, fishing, camping and related outdoor merchandise. Since the Company’s founding in 1961, Cabela’s® has grown to become one of the most well-known outdoor recreation brands in the world, and has long been recognized as the World’s Foremost Outfitter®. Through Cabela’s growing number of retail stores and its well-established direct business, it offers a wide and distinctive selection of high-quality outdoor products at competitive prices while providing superior customer service. Cabela’s also issues the Cabela’s CLUB® Visa credit card, which serves as its primary customer loyalty rewards program. Cabela’s stock is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “CAB”.
User

Gary Guss

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:18 pm

Van down by the River

Re: Cabela's plans shop at Old Brownsboro Crossing

by Gary Guss » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:43 am

great !
User

Steve P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:18 pm

by Steve P » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:27 pm

:shock: This is so fricking sweet my hands and knees are shaking. A new Man Mall...Yesssss. I LOVE me some Cabela's....Blows Bass Pro Shops the hell away.
Stevie P...The Daddio of the Patio
User

Antonia L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:28 am

Cherokee Triangle

by Antonia L » Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:18 pm

Robin Garr wrote:Gun Library

A place where you check out guns, to be returned in 3 weeks or you get fined 20 cents a day?

I like how that's listed right before Fudge Shop.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:27 pm

Antonia L wrote:

A place where you check out guns, to be returned in 3 weeks or you get fined 20 cents a day?

And after six weeks, they come out and shoot you. :lol:
User

Steve P

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Steve P » Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:15 pm

Antonia L wrote:

The "Gun Library" is a separate room where they sell old/valuable/collectable guns. I've been in the one in Minnesota and there is some amazing history in there.

Library.jpg
User

Steve Shade

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:53 am

by Steve Shade » Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:28 am

Steve P wrote:
Antonia L wrote:

The "Gun Library" is a separate room where they sell old/valuable/collectable guns. I've been in the one in Minnesota and there is some amazing history in there.

Library.jpg

Steve ... let's not try to confuse us with facts. I prefer to make up my own.
"Don't accept your dog's admiration as
conclusive evidence that you are wonderful."
-- Ann Landers
User

Antonia L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:28 am

Cherokee Triangle

by Antonia L » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:28 am

Steve Shade wrote:
Steve ... let's not try to confuse us with facts. I prefer to make up my own.

Facts? No... just being silly. Since the word "library" inherently involves lending rather than selling, I imagined a place where you could browse and borrow firearms and that made me laugh. Carry on.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:34 pm

Antonia L wrote:Since the word "library" inherently involves lending rather than selling, I imagined a place where you could browse and borrow firearms and that made me laugh. Carry on.

Made me laugh, too. :lol:

I understand Cabela's is seriously into the quest for "trophy" animals, serious big-game hunters, and such. Not my cup of tea, but that's why they make both Escalades and Yarises, I guess.
http://www.cabelas.com/scoring-trophy-animals-1.shtml
User

Shane Campbell

{ RANK }

In Time Out Room

Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:08 pm

Hoosierville

by Shane Campbell » Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:24 pm

Robin Garr wrote:
Antonia L wrote:Since the word "library" inherently involves lending rather than selling, I imagined a place where you could browse and borrow firearms and that made me laugh. Carry on.

Made me laugh, too. :lol:

I understand Cabela's is seriously into the quest for "trophy" animals, serious big-game hunters, and such. Not my cup of tea, but that's why they make both Escalades and Yarises, I guess.
http://www.cabelas.com/scoring-trophy-animals-1.shtml

Didn't know there was a hunting season for Escalades and Yarises'. What calibre is appropriate?
I'm a bitter drinker....I just prefer it that way
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:47 pm

Shane Campbell wrote:Didn't know there was a hunting season for Escalades and Yarises'. What calibre is appropriate?

For Escalades, I think it's just a sticky-back poster to slap on the windshield that reads "This machine funds terrorists."
User

Charles W.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:53 pm

Schnitzelburg

by Charles W. » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:11 am

Great fly fishing inventory. I'm happy.
User

Steve P

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Steve P » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:56 am

Charles W. wrote:Great fly fishing inventory. I'm happy.

100% agree...I've never been particularly impressed with B.P.S. when it comes to anything outside their core market.