Off-topic discussions about regional news, issues and politics. Pretty much everything goes here, but keep it polite: Flaming and spamming aren't welcome.
no avatar
User

Brian Curl

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:38 pm

Auto Litter Box for Cats - recommendations

by Brian Curl » Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:20 pm

Anyone have any advice, good ones, bad ones based on experience.

I've been looking at this one, looks like it should work well.
http://www.smartscoop.com/index.html
no avatar
User

Nancy Inman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:37 am

The Country

Re: Auto Litter Box for Cats - recommendations

by Nancy Inman » Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:58 pm

Have you seen the thing that sits on an open toliet seat and over a short period of time , about a week I think the cat is going in the toliet!! I haven't seen it in person, but several times in adds. If you have a kitten I think it would be quite easy. I wouldn't begin to use it with my old cat.
I should have done some research before starting this, but you can google as easy as I can!
Nancy Inman
User

Marsha L.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:56 pm

Louisville, KY

by Marsha L. » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:21 am

Nancy Inman wrote:Have you seen the thing that sits on an open toliet seat and over a short period of time , about a week I think the cat is going in the toliet!! I haven't seen it in person, but several times in adds. If you have a kitten I think it would be quite easy. I wouldn't begin to use it with my old cat.
I should have done some research before starting this, but you can google as easy as I can!

I tried that system years ago. The cat certainly did learn to do her business while perching on the toilet seat. Unfortunately she somehow learned to do it with her butt pointing the wrong way. Imagine my dismay.
Marsha Lynch
LEO columnist, free range cook/food writer/food stylist
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

by Deb Hall » Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:22 pm

Marsha L. wrote:
Nancy Inman wrote:Have you seen the thing that sits on an open toliet seat and over a short period of time , about a week I think the cat is going in the toliet!! I haven't seen it in person, but several times in adds. If you have a kitten I think it would be quite easy. I wouldn't begin to use it with my old cat.

I tried that system years ago. The cat certainly did learn to do her business while perching on the toilet seat. Unfortunately she somehow learned to do it with her butt pointing the wrong way. Imagine my dismay.

LOL!
User

Steve Shade

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:53 am

by Steve Shade » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:14 pm

Marsha L. wrote:

Just goes to show that cats do things the way they want, not the way you want.
"Don't accept your dog's admiration as
conclusive evidence that you are wonderful."
-- Ann Landers