Off-topic discussions about regional news, issues and politics. Pretty much everything goes here, but keep it polite: Flaming and spamming aren't welcome.
no avatar
User

John S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:11 pm

mortgage broker recommendations?

by John S » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:40 am

I'm looking to refinance my mortgage to reduce the interest rate I'm paying. Does anyone have a mortgage broker they have worked with recently that they would recommend?
no avatar
User

Brian Curl

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:38 pm

Re: mortgage broker recommendations?

by Brian Curl » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:29 pm

Hi John, I'm a mortgage loan officer here in town. Here's a link to my web site and past client testimonials. I'd be glad to speak with you or answer any questions you have.

http://www.brianleecurl.com/

Please email me at bcurl@swanhelp.com if you have further questions as I'm not on here all the time.

Thanks,
Brian
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:35 pm

John, as Dr. Johnson famously said, if I were going to offer Brian a berth, I would make it a wide one. :lol:
User

Steve P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:18 pm

by Steve P » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:56 pm

Robin Garr wrote:John, as Dr. Johnson famously said, if I were going to offer Brian a berth, I would make it a wide one. :lol:

Doing a little unsolicited/undeserved "fishing" today Mr. Garr ?...

Jesus-Don't Be A Dick.jpg
Stevie P...The Daddio of the Patio
no avatar
User

Brian Curl

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Brian Curl » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:59 pm

He's good at that Steve. :lol:
User

Steve P

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Steve P » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:05 pm

Brian Curl wrote:He's good at that Steve. :lol:

Always leaves himself an "out" though...wait and see. <what ?...who ?...meeeeeee ?> :roll:
no avatar
User

Brian Curl

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Brian Curl » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:19 pm

Of course.

Oh, what's that profile pic, a smoker or a grill?
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:19 pm

I'm serious. Since Brian chose to spam his business here, I am cautioning the original poster with my advice: Based on what I have seen of him in social media, I would be cautions about enlisting Mr. Curl's professional services with my money or property.
no avatar
User

Brian Curl

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Brian Curl » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:24 pm

You were trolling, it's not spam when it's requested. (duh)

I don't wan't your money or property so all is good.
no avatar
User

Brian Curl

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Brian Curl » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:26 pm

Robin Garr wrote:I'm serious. Since Brian chose to spam his business here, I am cautioning the original poster with my advice: Based on what I have seen of him in social media, I would be cautions about enlisting Mr. Curl's professional services with my money or property.

And you spelled cautious wrong Mr. Literary. :lol:
no avatar
User

Brian Curl

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Brian Curl » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:38 pm

John, Robin is a leftist liberal and doesn't respect anyone else's opinion, so he can't recommend me. Plus I don't have any government bail out programs so I don't have anything to offer him.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:44 pm

I'll just leave it up to John to draw his own conclusions, Brian. I thought about contacting him privately, which might have been more discreet, but it seemed sneaky. Don't say anything behind someone's back that I wouldn't say to their face, you know?

I'm really not trying to torment you here, but I just don't personally feel that I've seen in you the personality traits that I would want in a financial advisor. Since you posted your advertisement on a forum that I own, I felt a responsibility to share this opinion with the original poster, who is fully entitled to make his own decision for himself. End of story.
User

Steve P

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Steve P » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:50 pm

Robin Garr wrote:I'm serious. Since Brian chose to spam his business here, I am cautioning the original poster with my advice: Based on what I have seen of him in social media, I would be cautions about enlisting Mr. Curl's professional services with my money or property.

If I may offer some unsolicited council Mr. Garr...One must be very careful to use "social media" :roll: as the sole barometer on which to base an opinion of an individual or their professionalism/expertise. I've never met Brian but I am acquainted with three people who have used his services over the years and they all speak quite highly of his knowledge and professionalism.
no avatar
User

Troy McIntyre

{ RANK }

In Time Out Room

Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:57 pm

by Troy McIntyre » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:58 pm

So weekly, when a restaurant owner/employee responds to a post asking for a good burger, pizza, cake, place for a party of 12, etc. with "We'd love to have you at INSERT RESTAURANT NAME HERE"...are they spamming their business?
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:22 pm

Troy McIntyre wrote:So weekly, when a restaurant owner/employee responds to a post asking for a good burger, pizza, cake, place for a party of 12, etc. with "We'd love to have you at INSERT RESTAURANT NAME HERE"...are they spamming their business?

Fair question. My general attitude about restaurants posting responses to these threads is that this is, after all, a restaurant forum. Yeah, I know, this is the off-topic section, but still, people come here for advice about restaurants.

Also, if a chef posted a reply that I felt called for a little context, then I wouldn't be loath to add that context, especially if I was concerned that the original poster might be unhappy if they took the advice.
Next