Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Rich S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:07 am

The Chocolate Martini Bar

by Rich S » Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:54 pm

This restaurant is apparently coming to the south end of Westport Village. The original Chocolate Martini Bar is in Buffalo, NY; this one seems to be a franchise. From the website:

"The Chocolate Martini Bar is an incredibly sweet and sexy concept with a casual family friendly menu. At night the Chocolate Martini Bar transforms into a great place to enjoy one of our world class martinis, a bottle of wine or a romantic chocolate fondue for two. ... Our world class dessert selection and our extensive menu has something for every occasion."

http://originalchocolatebar.com/location.php
no avatar
User

Robin F.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:50 am

Re: The Chocolate Martini Bar

by Robin F. » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:11 pm

Well, I suppose it will be providing jobs. Do you think it's going into the space that mirrors Napa?
no avatar
User

Rich S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:07 am

by Rich S » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:24 pm

Robin F. wrote:Do you think it's going into the space that mirrors Napa?

It's going to be near Gattiland, in a building that I think used to be a bank branch. 1106 Lyndon Lane.
User

JustinHammond

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Lyndon, KY 40222

by JustinHammond » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:55 pm

I've been to the one in Cleveland and it was horrible from top to bottom.
"The idea is to eat well and not die from it-for the simple reason that that would be the end of your eating." - Jim Harrison

https://www.facebook.com/Louisville-Eat ... 129849554/
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

by Deb Hall » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:26 pm

JustinHammond wrote:I've been to the one in Cleveland and it was horrible from top to bottom.

It sounds it. :roll: Nothing about this concept appeals to me( then again I don't like the Melting Pot place idea and they must have a following...)

Deb
User

Antonia L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:28 am

Cherokee Triangle

by Antonia L » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:38 pm

Rich S wrote:sexy concept with a casual family friendly menu.

Right off the bat, it sounds a little odd. The juxtaposition alone.
User

Gary Z

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:05 am

by Gary Z » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:06 pm

I kinda see what they're going for but the words "family friendly" don't seem to fit.
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

by Deb Hall » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:08 pm

Gary Z wrote:I kinda see what they're going for but the words "family friendly" don't seem to fit.

My thought exactly- I'm liberal but I'm not going to think about taking my kid to a Martini Bar... :roll:

Deb
User

Gayle DeM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:42 pm

by Gayle DeM » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:18 pm

Gary Z wrote:
I kinda see what they're going for but the words "family friendly" don't seem to fit.

I think that is the understatement of the year!

Where everything is better with chocolate!
-Eh, that is really a stretch for me. I don't see myself lining up for chocolate peppercorn soup or chocolate bar pasta. On the other hand, there are two ice wines listed on the dessert wine menu. I haven't seen that at many places in town. :D
"I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian" -Erma Bombeck
no avatar
User

Ned A

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:32 am

Irish Hill

by Ned A » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:52 pm

The building is the old PNC bank building right on the south side of Gatti's. One of the people involved stopped in last week for lunch. The same person also stopped in well over a year ago and told us the same thing about opening over there and nothing ever happened. I will be interested to see if it actually comes to fruition. They more closely mirror our menu on food/wine than anything else in Westport Village or in the surrounding few miles, so it will be interesting to see how it affects us. We definitley carry a much more extensive wine menu, with better pricing on almost all of the items we both carry. I also have an ice wine on the menu, and it is by the glass called Inniskillin. I used to carry the Jakson-Triggs, which is also good, and if you ever see Kiona, out of Washington, it is another great ice wine with a great price too.
On-Premise Sales
Southern Wine & Spirits
User

Antonia L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:28 am

Cherokee Triangle

by Antonia L » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:58 pm

Ned A wrote:if you ever see Kiona, out of Washington, it is another great ice wine with a great price too.

We had Kiona at L&N some years ago. I just checked their website, and it's still listed there. Funny you should reference that as a good one - that's the one the jumped right into my mind when Gayle mentioned ice wines.
User

Alan H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:37 pm

Highlands

by Alan H » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:54 pm

Ned A I also have an ice wine on the menu, and it is by the glass called Inniskillin. I used to carry the Jakson-Triggs, which is also good, and if you ever see Kiona, out of Washington, it is another great ice wine with a great price too.

Ned, how is the ice wine selling for you ?, I have had some guests commenting on it.
Alan Hincks
Overtime Sports Bar and Grille

A fine beer may be judged with only one sip, but it's better to be thoroughly sure.
no avatar
User

Jason R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:43 pm

by Jason R » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:06 am

Antonia L wrote:
Ned A wrote:if you ever see Kiona, out of Washington, it is another great ice wine with a great price too.

We had Kiona at L&N some years ago. I just checked their website, and it's still listed there. Funny you should reference that as a good one - that's the one the jumped right into my mind when Gayle mentioned ice wines.

FYI, the menu on L&N's website is WAY outdated. We went last week, and before going I checked out the beer menu. When we got there, a full 2/3 of the beers listed online were not available. The waiter even admitted that it's embarrassing to have that old, outdated menu online.

Not saying they wouldn't have your wine - just trying to prevent possible disappointment. :wink:

--Jason
no avatar
User

Ned A

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:32 am

Irish Hill

by Ned A » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:48 am

Alan,
We do okay with the ice wine, but not great, which is why I only pour one now. When I first started at Napa we actually had 3. We sell just enough for the bottles to never go bad, but not enough for me to ever order more than one at a time. If youre interested, I know the Kiona is carried by Republic and is a fair price as I said, they also make a great red blend if you ever get the chance to try. Inniskillin is SWS, and I think Jackson Triggs is too. If you have a KY Beverage Journal they should all be in there. I would definitely start with the Kiona though if you are unsure how well it will sell.
To get back on the original topic, I was sort of surprised how big their menu actually is. That is not a very big building over there, and would seem ill suited for storing and putting out that much product.
On-Premise Sales
Southern Wine & Spirits
User

Stephen D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:41 am

Lyndon, Ky

by Stephen D » Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:09 am

Dreadfull.

50 cocktails of crap is still crap.