Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:00 am

Shelby County

by TP Lowe » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:29 pm

Nora Boyle wrote:If you aren't into these folks then you don't get it, which is okay, because they are one of many different restaurants.
[/quote]

Well, maybe I just don't get it. Thanks for letting us all know that it is our fault we have had mediocre to bad experiences there. I gave up two years ago on hoping to find anything with much flavor or, frankly, a decent service experience. But, then again, I guess I just don't get "it."
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:48 am

by Ron Johnson » Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:20 am

Not sure that it is the diner's fault when the servers are rude and the food is off. I know that the kitchen has skill because I've been there when the food has been spot-on, but I know that it has off nights too because I've been there when it happened. I think it is mainly a result of being muy popular and trying to handle the crush of business they get, especially on a nice summer evening.
User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Shelby County

by TP Lowe » Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:55 pm

Ron Johnson wrote:Not sure that it is the diner's fault when the servers are rude and the food is off. I know that the kitchen has skill because I've been there when the food has been spot-on, but I know that it has off nights too because I've been there when it happened. I think it is mainly a result of being muy popular and trying to handle the crush of business they get, especially on a nice summer evening.

Ron, as always, has made a more balanced statement than I did and I agree with him. (pls allow me to slough it off as a tired response from Istanbul at 1:29 AM Turkey time!)
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:10 pm

TP Lowe wrote:response from Istanbul at 1:29 AM Turkey time!)

Turkey now? You've been doing some hard traveling, guy!
User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Shelby County

by TP Lowe » Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:22 pm

Robin Garr wrote:
TP Lowe wrote:response from Istanbul at 1:29 AM Turkey time!)

Turkey now? You've been doing some hard traveling, guy!

yeah, it's been a heckuva' late winter. Asia twice, Middle East once and eastern Europe to wrap up. Ready to go home and sleep for a week!
no avatar
User

JacquelineW

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:34 am

St. Matthews

by JacquelineW » Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:19 pm

I have always enjoyed the food at El Mundo, but have never like dining in the downstairs. I have always felt like it wasn't very clean. I really like the atmosphere upstairs, but the last time I was really turned off. My friend and I had ordered an appetizer with our dinners. We had finished our dinners, but were still working on the appetizer when the waiter came up and asked if we could finish our meal at the bar because they needed the table. I was really bothered by this. If we were only drinking I wouldn't have minded this as much, but we still had food on the table that we were eating. After this we decided we would stick with Alameda, of course they are now closed...suggestions?
no avatar
User

Linda C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:38 pm

tried it

by Linda C » Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:02 pm

Finally tried it for the first time w/hubby and kids. The timing was way off. My kids wanted appetizers as dinner, but it didn't happen. One got hers, then 5 min later, daughter #2 got her order. It looked wrong, but she ate it anyway. 10 minutes later, our entrees were done and her order was in there. By this time, she'd eaten most of the other and couldn't eat it. Guess what? They took my husband's payment for all of it! I told him that was wrong, but oh well. He liked his enchiladas, but my fish tacos were weird. Big slabs of fish...unlike the ones at Bazo's or other places. They weren't cheap either. I actually prefer the ones at Moe's, and nobody screams your name to pick up your food, and they have better atmosphere and Grateful Dead overhead, lol.
Previous