Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Blog: Raw chicken at Mickey D's

by Robin Garr » Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:14 pm

This is groooooosssss ...

NEW! McDonalds Chicken Sushi Sandwich!
no avatar
User

John R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:29 am

Old Lousiville

by John R. » Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:52 pm

Yuck!!! The sandwich is gross too. It was perfectly seared..or it was yet another missunderstanding about "the chicken of the sea" thing.
User

Joe C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:50 pm

Louisville, KY

by Joe C » Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:35 pm

2 years ago, my wife dragged me to TGI Fridays. I ordered the grilled pork chops. Both came out looking well cooked. The first was a little pink but not bad. The second was one was uncooked in the center. I was going to take it home. The waitress re-appeared and asked if I wasn't hungry as I had left an entire pork chop uneaten. I told her that I would finish cooking it at home. She gasped, grabbed my late night snack and returned with the manager. They comped the meal, but I never got my pork chop back. I still miss him to this day!

Uncooked happens
Live to Ride, Ride to Eat!
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:17 pm

louisville, ky

by robert szappanos » Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:51 pm

Dont feel bad...This has been a few years ago...We dined at Dittos on Bardstown Road. I ordered a New York Strip...Yes well done. When it was brought to my table I cut into it and it was RAW in the middle...and cool to the touch....I sent it back and they recooked the original steak and was awfull when brought back....My wifes meal was good but after that I just sat there and ate my salad and did not accept the steak....Needless to say we have never been back and dont plan on....
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:48 am

by Ron Johnson » Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:04 pm

Maybe by "well done" the server took it as you meaning you wanted a steak cooked properly.
no avatar
User

John R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:29 am

Old Lousiville

by John R. » Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:48 am

robert szappanos wrote:Dont feel bad...This has been a few years ago...We dined at Dittos on Bardstown Road. I ordered a New York Strip...Yes well done. When it was brought to my table I cut into it and it was RAW in the middle...and cool to the touch....I sent it back and they recooked the original steak and was awfull when brought back....My wifes meal was good but after that I just sat there and ate my salad and did not accept the steak....Needless to say we have never been back and dont plan on....

Ditto on Ditto's. I have yet to have a good meal there. Last time I was there it was late and empty, our waitress decided to chat it up with some people and totally forget us. She realized after about 20 minutes that she had customers and brought us our luke warm food.
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

louisville, ky

by robert szappanos » Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:14 pm

O I see...Cooked properly means a center that is red and cool to the touch.....If thats the case I am glad that I do not have you cook a steak for me...Actually what it tells me about Dittos is...One..They do not know how to cook a steak and Two...The meat was frozen and put ditectly on the grill...That place never really inpressed me...Now Stevens and Stevens in the back...thats a different story food is great.....
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:48 am

by Ron Johnson » Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:08 pm

robert szappanos wrote:O I see...Cooked properly means a center that is red and cool to the touch...

Now you got it!!!
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:10 pm

Ron Johnson wrote:
robert szappanos wrote:O I see...Cooked properly means a center that is red and cool to the touch...

Now you got it!!!

I doubt that. :roll:

I'm still a little fuzzy about why the French call a steak in this condition "bleu." Of course, they also call it "Tres bon," and they are correct. Nothing ruins a good steak like overcooking it.
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

Raw chix.

by Doogy R » Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:44 pm

I love my beef, bison and sashimi (well, yes, sashimi is raw) practially raw, pork done with a nice pink inside but my chix needs to be all the way done. Actually, the pic doesn't look bad, but just the thought of raw chix. Ewwww. :x
Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

Re: Raw chix.

by Robin Garr » Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:53 pm

Doogy R wrote:I love my beef, bison and sashimi (well, yes, sashimi is raw) practially raw, pork done with a nice pink inside but my chix needs to be all the way done. Actually, the pic doesn't look bad, but just the thought of raw chix. Ewwww. :x

Agreed on all counts, and I would add turkey to the "must be cooked" category. Curiously, though, rare duck breast is fine. It's more "beefy" than "poultry like," I guess.
User

Kim H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Louisville

Steak

by Kim H » Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:02 pm

I'm with Doogy on all counts as well! I know there are a lot of people who don't like it rare or medium rare, and most of them just don't want to see any pink. Robert - is that the way it is with you? Or is there another reason? Just curious...
User

David Clancy

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:09 pm

A couch in Andy's house.

Re: Raw chix.

by David Clancy » Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:23 pm

Robin Garr wrote:
Doogy R wrote:I love my beef, bison and sashimi (well, yes, sashimi is raw) practially raw, pork done with a nice pink inside but my chix needs to be all the way done. Actually, the pic doesn't look bad, but just the thought of raw chix. Ewwww. :x

Agreed on all counts, and I would add turkey to the "must be cooked" category. Curiously, though, rare duck breast is fine. It's more "beefy" than "poultry like," I guess.
Think I'll be steerin away from this post...........
David Clancy
Fabulous Old Louisville
(Is this your homework Larry?)
User

Kim H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Louisville

by Kim H » Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:42 pm

Why? Do you know something about duck that we should know? :o
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

louisville, ky

by robert szappanos » Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:04 pm

Well I quess that I will conrinue to eat at places that cook the food to the customers request not the person cooking it.....That might be one of the reasons places like Texas Roadhouse and Longhorns are packed all of the time...They serve the customer not the owner or the cook...Some of you that own places might consider that...It might help getting more people to eat at your places.... :lol:
Next