Off-topic discussions about regional news, issues and politics. Pretty much everything goes here, but keep it polite: Flaming and spamming aren't welcome.
no avatar
User

JenS

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:09 pm

world market- shelbyville road plaza

by JenS » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:26 pm

Has anyone purchased furniture from World Market? I popped in there today and saw some reasonably priced dining tables, but I'm curious about quality. For a $500 table I don;t expect it to last forever.

Just curious if anyone has experiences with this store and it's merchandise.

Thanks
no avatar
User

Megan Watts

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:44 am

Louisville

Re: world market- shelbyville road plaza

by Megan Watts » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:09 pm

I have had the same table I bought from world market in Tucson 14 years ago and it's in great shape. It's survived being in storage and moving cross country. And survived my 4 yr old so far, so that's saying something!
User

Gary Guss

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:18 pm

Van down by the River

by Gary Guss » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:16 am

Really should look at one of the Antique malls for furniture like this, you can get a really nice round oak table or other shape made out of real oak for a lot less than $500. Try Louisville Antique mall on Goss or the Peddlers Mall in Middletown. You'll save money and wind up with a lot beefier piece of real furniture
User

BevP

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat May 01, 2010 11:06 pm

Bullitt County KY

by BevP » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:38 am

If you really are interested in World Market go to their web site they have a "club" free to join always getting coupons with anywhere from 10-20 percent off purchases especially furniture.
no avatar
User

JenS

{ RANK }

Foodie

by JenS » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:55 am

Thanks for all of the information and suggestions. I knew that I could get some good tips here!!
User

Brad Keeton

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:04 pm

Highlands

by Brad Keeton » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:19 pm

We bought a a coffee table, TV stand and end table there a few years ago. It's now the man-cave furniture, but it's held up very well.

I also suggest checking LouisvilleOverstock.com. You can order online, or hit the warehouse on Plantside Drive on Saturdays and Sundays. They have some really good deals on pretty nice furniture.
"I don't eat vegans. They're too bony."
-Alton Brown
no avatar
User

JenS

{ RANK }

Foodie

by JenS » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:21 pm

Ordered a table and chairs from World Market today. They are on sale this week, if anyone is interested.
User

Jimmy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:07 pm

Germantown

by Jimmy R » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:16 am

We got a great sofa from there at a very good price. Plus extra slipcovers & other smaller stuff. We have been very pleased with all of it. AND they have excellent sales!