Off-topic discussions about regional news, issues and politics. Pretty much everything goes here, but keep it polite: Flaming and spamming aren't welcome.

Comedy Open Mic nights?

no avatar
User

Art T

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:57 pm

Comedy Open Mic nights?

by Art T » Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:11 pm

I've been to Comedy Caravan on Bardstown two different Thursday nights and both times they've had to cancel the open mic because I was the only one there :lol:

On the plus side, I got my $1 cover charge back and two free tickets to another show.

The manager mentioned there was some sort of open mic night "at bardstown bar" on Sundays.

Does anyone know of any other open mic nights? I'm planning on watching a few, and then getting comfortably numb and going up to live my dream, or nightmare, depending on how it goes.

Art
User

Antonia L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:28 am

Cherokee Triangle

Re: Comedy Open Mic nights?

by Antonia L » Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:20 pm

Try The Bard's Town. http://www.thebardstown.com/

They have a bunch of comedy events on their calendar.
User

Sara R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:23 am

by Sara R » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:24 am

I've been to the Bards Town open mic night. My husband and I were the only non-performing attendees so, like your experience, they gave us our $5 covers back. It was pretty good. A mixed bag. Some comedians were excellent, others pretty much bombed. I heard they have a show every other Friday (the next show will be the 19th) that is really good and it's free. I think my husband and I will be there.
no avatar
User

Art T

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Art T » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:55 pm

Sara R wrote:I've been to the Bards Town open mic night. My husband and I were the only non-performing attendees so, like your experience, they gave us our $5 covers back. It was pretty good. A mixed bag. Some comedians were excellent, others pretty much bombed. I heard they have a show every other Friday (the next show will be the 19th) that is really good and it's free. I think my husband and I will be there.

That was the Sunday night show?
User

Sara R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:23 am

by Sara R » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:00 am

No, I think it was a Tuesday evening.
no avatar
User

Art T

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Art T » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:28 pm

Sara R wrote:No, I think it was a Tuesday evening.

Thanks. I need to call them.