Off-topic discussions about regional news, issues and politics. Pretty much everything goes here, but keep it polite: Flaming and spamming aren't welcome.

Are you a NASCAR FAN (You regularly watch and follow Nascar)

YES (You watch NASCAR and follow it)
23%
NO (You do not watch NASCAR and follow it)
77%

Total votes : 43
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

Re: LHB Scientific Demographic Study (Poll - PLEASE VOTE)

by Carla G » Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:44 am

Just came upon this posting rather late. I'm thinking since most of the posters (although not all) on LHB are heavily involved in restaurant work in some capasity, I'd have to wonder when they'd find time to watch NASCAR or enjoy almost any other hobby for that matter. Or isn't restaurant mgt/ownership the 80 hour a week profession that it used to be? Just askin'...
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson
no avatar
User

Brian Curl

by Brian Curl » Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:56 pm

The percentage of NASCAR fans so far is higher than I would have guessed on this site. However, I'm pretty sure many have not voted that aren't fans and the 27% would go down if everyone voted.
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Carla G » Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:23 pm

Maybe if you really want any kind of accurate feedback a third voting option should be available. Perhaps...

c. LOVE NASCAR but hate answering surveys.
User

John Greenup

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:03 pm

Oldham County

by John Greenup » Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:12 pm

Brian Curl wrote:Actually, yes I have. And I'd say I'm a math whiz. Wasn't trying to put those skills to use with a LHB forum poll. Would you like to match wits by taking an SAT, ACT, or GMAT? Would it have met statistical research standards had I included "sometimes" as another choice? :lol:

Lighten up, it wasn't meant as a serious study. Noticed the :-o at the end of the post... :roll:

(Sorry to counter your weak jab with a crushing right hook)

Robin Garr wrote:
Brian Curl wrote:Disagree. You watch it or you don't. If it's sometimes then you watch it. Go ahead and jump on the NASCAR truck Robin, it is an anonymous poll you know ! :lol:

Just out of curiosity, Brian, have you had any graduate-level work in research methodology or statistics?

Math whiz you may be, Brian, but survey writing doesn't appear to be among your strengths...glad to know that you don't regard it as a "serious study".
"I want to go where the hand of man has never set foot."

-- Samuel Goldwyn
no avatar
User

Brian Curl

by Brian Curl » Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:03 pm

John, for what it is, it's accurate for the ppl that viewed the topic and chose to participate in the poll. 9 said yes and 26 said no. A forum poll is not an objective, valid survey, just a simple tool to get an idea.
User

John Greenup

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:03 pm

Oldham County

by John Greenup » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:27 pm

Brian Curl wrote:John, for what it is, it's accurate for the ppl that viewed the topic and chose to participate in the poll. 9 said yes and 26 said no. A forum poll is not an objective, valid survey, just a simple tool to get an idea.

VERY simple...but as long as you derived the data that (you think) you were seeking, then I suppose it served its purpose.
"I want to go where the hand of man has never set foot."

-- Samuel Goldwyn
no avatar
User

Brian Curl

by Brian Curl » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:20 am

John Greenup wrote:VERY simple...but as long as you derived the data that (you think) you were seeking, then I suppose it served its purpose.

John, I wasn't seeking anything, I was curious and I'm actually surprised by the results. So, it was somewhat worthwhile, showing a higher number of NASCAR fans on this site than I would have guessed. My guess would have been more like 1 in 10 rather than roughly 3 in 10, so actually it disproves my hypothesis.

However, my guess is that that percentage would go down with a higher response rate and a valid survey.
User

Jeffrey D.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:49 am

Prospect

by Jeffrey D. » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:14 am

As designed, isn't the poll fatally flawed since most of the "Yes" respondents cannot read the poll or understand the correct method for responding? :twisted: [ducks and runs off, screaming maniacally]
My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
User

Steve P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:18 pm

by Steve P » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:57 pm

Jeffrey D. wrote:As designed, isn't the poll fatally flawed since most of the "Yes" respondents cannot read the poll or understand the correct method for responding? :twisted: [ducks and runs off, screaming maniacally]

Jeffery,

It's a good thing for you my "spit cup" was in my pickup truck parked out back behind the shed (next to the Impala up on blocks) or you'd been wearing brown cologne. :wink: :P
Stevie P...The Daddio of the Patio
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Carla G » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:32 am

:lol:
User

Jeffrey D.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:49 am

Prospect

by Jeffrey D. » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:33 am

Steve P wrote:Jeffery,

It's a good thing for you my "spit cup" was in my pickup truck parked out back behind the shed (next to the Impala up on blocks) or you'd been wearing brown cologne. :wink: :P

I know. That's why I ran away after shooting my mouth off. Harder to hit a moving target! :D

Is that the Impala right next to your hot tub? :?:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ks6k7j23pz1qa9uv9o1_500.jpg
My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
Previous