Off-topic discussions about regional news, issues and politics. Pretty much everything goes here, but keep it polite: Flaming and spamming aren't welcome.
no avatar
User

Brian Curl

Mattress Opinions/Reviews/Recommendations ?

by Brian Curl » Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:14 pm

I've had a Jamison Symphony Latex (firm) no flip for close to 10 yrs and it's been a good mattress. I think it's reaching the end of it's life.

There's like a million mattress options. I need a king. Any opinions/recommendations?

I've heard of and looked up Bowles Mattress that is made over in Jeffersonville that is locally made. Any opinions on them?

The Jamison I have now was fairly expensive. I don't want to skimp on a mattress but I'd be interested in lower cost options that deliver great quality.

Thanks.
User

Lois Mauk

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:08 pm

Jeffersonville, Indiana

Re: Mattress Opinions/Reviews/Recommendations ?

by Lois Mauk » Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:59 pm

Brian, we've bought several mattresses from Bowles in Jeffersonville and have been VERY happy with them. This included a "custom" mattress for a twin adjustable bed. I think you should, at a minimum, give them a call.

As a bonus, it's a locally-owned company, not a "chain". :-)

http://www.bowlesmattress.com/
Make a fast friend . . . Adopt a retired racer from Greyhound Pets of America!
http://www.GPALouisville.org
User

Carol C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:26 pm

by Carol C » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:13 pm

I grew up close to Nashville, TN and we always had Jamisons. We have one now (6 y/o) on our king sized bed and love it. It was not inexpensive but still feels like the day we bought it. We are in need of a new mattress on one of our guest beds, which may have to be be custom made, because it is a very old handmade bed. I will certainly look at Bowles--I did not know they were locally owned but am delighted to support them. Thanks for the info, Lois.
User

Lois Mauk

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:08 pm

Jeffersonville, Indiana

by Lois Mauk » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:41 pm

Carol, I see you have a dog icon. In case you are interested, Bowles also sells remnant scraps of foam in giant garbage bags which are awesome for restuffing dog beds.
Make a fast friend . . . Adopt a retired racer from Greyhound Pets of America!
http://www.GPALouisville.org
User

Carol C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:26 pm

by Carol C » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:16 pm

Lois, thanks for the tip. I will certainly look into it. Maggie would love that if she should decide to sleep in her bed rather than ours!!!! One spoiled puppy......
no avatar
User

Brian Curl

by Brian Curl » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:54 pm

Thanks Lois. I've heard of them before and found their website earlier. I am definitely going to check them out and it's good to have some feedback from someone that's used their product and is happy with it.