Off-topic discussions about regional news, issues and politics. Pretty much everything goes here, but keep it polite: Flaming and spamming aren't welcome.

Dog boarding?

User

Sara R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:23 am

Re: Dog boarding?

by Sara R » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:14 pm

We actually tried Bed N Biskit Pet Lodge (associated with Hurstbourne Animal Hospital) after finding an ad for them on Craigslist and had no complaints. The staff was friendly and actually gave our two dogs a free bath because they had some down time.

I was a bit concerned when I arrived about 20 minutes after they had opened to pick them up and there was no one at the reception area. I rang the bell a few times (they have a doorbell type thing next to the reception desk with a sign that says "ring bell for service") but no one came. I was about to run out to my car to grab my cell phone so I could call them and see what was going on, but a lady came up from the back to help me.

But, past that, our dogs seemed to be in good spirits when I got them. They were tired, but not completely worn out (i.e. they got SOME sleep!) so we were pleased. We made reservations for them to go back again over Father's Day weekend.
no avatar
User

Will Terry

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon May 04, 2009 4:00 pm

by Will Terry » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:09 pm

If you are willing to make the drive, Pawsitively Professional is the best kennel I've ever been to.

It's out in Lebanon Junction... but it is $15 a day... that's cheaper than some local day rates.

Our dog is well loved by the staff, gets to go outside and play (at no additional cost) and is ALWAYS worn out when she comes home... we've gotten her back from other kennels and she has been off for a day or two, but when she gets back from Pawsitively, she is tired but still herself.

Since we are usually heading down south when we leave town, it's easy to drop her on our way... but we will make the 20-30 minute drive even when heading other directions. It's an awesome kennel and you can't beat the price (or the service). Sharon (the owner) truly loves dogs and is happy to have a house/kennel/yard full of them.

Call early for any popular weekend...
no avatar
User

Nancy Tarrant

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:56 am

by Nancy Tarrant » Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:44 pm

Hi Michelle - I have two goldens also, and I board them with a nice family in Oldham County They stay in their house, have a large backyard that is totally fenced. If you want to call me at The Cheddar Box 893-2324, I'll be happy to give you their phone number. I also have the names of a couple of people who will stay in your home. Nancy
no avatar
User

JenS

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:09 pm

by JenS » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:18 pm

Happy to report that we picked our Golden up from the Eastpoint Pet Resort this morning and he was happy and healthy.

Based on his demeanor and my husband's reports of drop-off and pick-up, I would use them again.

Thanks to all for the input on this thread. It was extremely helpful!
User

Sara R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:23 am

by Sara R » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:37 am

Bed 'n Biskit is now off our list. We boarded our dogs there this past weekend and when we picked them up early Monday morning, we were told that they had to be separated for fighting with each other. This has never happened before! They've been boarded together 6-7 times a year for 3 years. We really didn't appreciate the fact that we were not phoned/informed before picking them up. One of our dogs had a cut near his eye. I'm not sure if they really were fighting with each other, or if something happened between our dog and another dog, etc.

I think the Humane Society pet resort on Bardstown is next on our list.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:46 pm

Sara R wrote:Bed 'n Biskit is now off our list.

I'm really sorry about your bad experience, Sara. :( Thanks for sharing it, though, as I'm sure folks will look at this topic for suggestions in the future.
Previous