Love music, culture and the arts? From pop to rock to classical, from anime to fine art, if it's arts and local (or even not that local), let's talk about it here!
User

Gayle DeM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:42 pm

Poet Billy Collins & Garrison Keillor at KY Author Forum

by Gayle DeM » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:05 pm

I am copying this from the email I have just received from the Kentuck Center for the benefit of those who do not receive emails from the Kentucky Center:

University of Louisville Kentucky Author Forum
Co-sponsored by Brown-Forman & The Humana Foundation presents

In celebration of National Poetry Month

Billy Collins
Former Poet Laureate of the United States and author of Horoscopes for the Dead
with
Garrison Keillor
Host and writer of A Prairie Home Companion and The Writer’s Almanac

Thursday, April 21, 2011, The Kentucky Center

Tickets Now Available
Call your membership hotline: MembersFirst ($100-499 donors) call 502.562.0144,
CenterCircle Members ($500+) call 502.562.0195.
Limit 4 tickets per order

Billy Collins was appointed United States Poet Laureate 2001-2003. He is the author of nine volumes of poetry, and his newest collection of poems, Horoscopes for the Dead, will be published in spring 2011. Collins writes with tenderness and humor, about quotidian things which are universally relevant; no American poet since Robert Frost has managed to combine such high critical acclaim with such broad popular appeal.

Garrison Keillor is the host and writer of A Prairie Home Companion and The Writer’s Almanac, heard on public radio stations across the country. He is the author of more than a dozen books, and was the featured author at Kentucky Author Forum in November, 2002. This spring, Keillor, all-around arbiter of fine American poetry and editor of Good Poems and Good Poems for Hard Times, introduces another exceptional collection in Good Poems, American Places.

Needless to sat, I have already secured my tickets!
"I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian" -Erma Bombeck
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

Re: Poet Billy Collins & Garrison Keillor at KY Author Forum

by Carla G » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:34 pm

Saw Garrison Keillor at the Palace several years ago. He was fantastic, This looks to be a great night! Enjoy!
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson