Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Local Tofu

no avatar
User

Robin F.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:50 am

Local Tofu

by Robin F. » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:31 pm

I find this news to be very exciting:
*$100,000 loan to Heart & Soy LLC, 2240 Frankfort Ave., to allow owner Houng “Coco” Tran to open a restaurant and business that will manufacture and distribute tofu and soy products to supermarket chains, local specialty food stores and other local restaurants. The new restaurant will feature a vegetarian menu.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Local Tofu

by Robin Garr » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:46 pm

Robin F. wrote:I find this news to be very exciting:
*$100,000 loan to Heart & Soy LLC, 2240 Frankfort Ave., to allow owner Houng “Coco” Tran to open a restaurant and business that will manufacture and distribute tofu and soy products to supermarket chains, local specialty food stores and other local restaurants. The new restaurant will feature a vegetarian menu.

I'm glad she got the money ... this has been kicking around since last year, but I had hoped she was farther along with plans.
no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:34 pm

by James Natsis » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:50 pm

I believe this is an error. They must be referring to the old Mimosa that burned down and is being resurrected by the owners of Zen Garden. I spoke to her months ago about her plans while enjoying a woinderful lunch at Zen Garden. What a great addition to our food scene--locally produced tofu!
James J. Natsis
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:57 pm

James Natsis wrote:I believe this is an error. They must be referring to the old Mimosa that burned down and is being resurrected by the owners of Zen Garden. I spoke to her months ago about her plans while enjoying a woinderful lunch at Zen Garden. What a great addition to our food scene--locally produced tofu!

Not an error but an ambiguous report. You are absolutely correct about the location of the tofu-eatery-to-be. But the city loan gives her business address at Zen Garden on Frankfort. The loan is for the property on Bardstown, where they're probably not receiving mail right now. ;)
User

John Hagan

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:38 pm

SPENCER CO. Lake Wazzapamani

by John Hagan » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:39 am

Well I know Steve P is going to be happy when he reads this. Hes been complaining about not being able to find a local tofu producer since he moved here.
The tall one wants white toast, dry, with nothin' on it.
And the short one wants four whole fried chickens, and a Coke.
User

David R. Pierce

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:02 pm

by David R. Pierce » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:52 am

John Hagan wrote:Well I know Steve P is going to be happy when he reads this. Hes been complaining about not being able to find a local tofu producer since he moved here.

I hope they don't make it to prissy though.
Cheers,
David R. Pierce
The Original BBC Brewmaster
Bluegrass Brewing Co.
St. Matthews branch
Craft Brewing Louisville continuously since 1992
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:28 pm

John Hagan wrote:Well I know Steve P is going to be happy when he reads this. Hes been complaining about not being able to find a local tofu producer since he moved here.

I'm sure he will figure out a way to smoke it and he actually make it taste edible!
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"