Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Craig Foster

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:16 am

Shouldn't there be a recipe forum?

by Craig Foster » Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:48 pm

Good idea?
User

Laura SS

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:26 pm

Highlands

by Laura SS » Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:54 pm

Good call! I think that'd be a great addition to the All About Louisville and Offline Planner categories. It'd make it much simpler to browse just for recipes if you want to get inspired.
User

Ed Vermillion

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:32 pm

38 degrees 25' 25' N 85 degrees 36' 2' W

by Ed Vermillion » Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:54 pm

Excellent idea.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Shouldn't there be a recipe forum?

by Robin Garr » Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:58 pm

Craig Foster wrote:Good idea?

We are certainly MOST welcome to talk about cooking, food and technique here. Historically, though, I've encouraged folks to join the FoodLovers Discussion Group on our international wine and food forums, in order to take advantage of a larger and diverse member base.

Does it really make sense to have a separate Louisville recipes forum when we have this resource right next door?
User

Ed Vermillion

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Ed Vermillion » Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:07 pm

To be honest, Robin I feel slightly intimidated on the Food Lovers Forum because you have some heavy hitters on there that are, IMO only, working WAY above my knowledge base and letting you know it. Yeah, I get some good tips but I would hope we could have a regional recipe/cooking sideline here, heck we seem to have the room now :D
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:11 pm

Ed Vermillion wrote:To be honest, Robin I feel slightly intimidated on the Food Lovers Forum because you have some heavy hitters on there that are, IMO only, working WAY above my knowledge base and letting you know it. Yeah, I get some good tips but I would hope we could have a regional recipe/cooking sideline here, heck we seem to have the room now :D

Hmm ... In a way I hate to hear that anyone feels that way about our friendly FoodLovers/WineLovers groups, but I could see some argument for doing one here ... in the sense that we could give it a Louisville spin by talking about local and regional recipes, recipes from local restaurants (like the amazing pork belly dish that Chef Todd gave us, etc. In fact, maybe we could try to get more of our local chefs to share recipes with us.

Okay, I'm easy. I'll do it! But we'll still post plenty of links encouraging folks to go to the FLDG to rub shoulders with a world of home and pro cooks, too.
User

Laura SS

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:26 pm

Highlands

by Laura SS » Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:15 pm

I was imagining it as Louisville-specific too -- a place for things like Chef Todd's sharing of his Bacon Brittle recipe, or for people requesting specific recipes from a favorite local restaurant, or recipes that approximate restaurants which are now long gone.

Sure, I bet it'll diverge a bit from that, but recipes were a distinct category of posts on the old forum. Of course, they may also just end up in the restaurants thread, like they always were. However, the new format seems to offer a way to give those topics a dedicated home.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

Re: Shouldn't there be a recipe forum?

by Robin Garr » Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:17 pm

Craig Foster wrote:Good idea?

Okay, you guys talked me into it. ;)

Refresh the Forum Index page and you should see the new <b>Louisville Kitchen</b>

Now, don't disappoint us ... fill 'er up with good stuff!
User

Ed Vermillion

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Ed Vermillion » Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:20 pm

Maybe intimidated is too strong a word. Jenise has access to ingredients in the upper Pacific Northwest that we will never have here in freshness or quantity. Hoke has the same in No. California. Col. Bob in Lexington is in our region and would probably pop in here a little more if we did our regional thing. Heck, I hope that the other FLDGers pop in to get a kickin' burgoo recipe or some other derby time treats :D I'm sure Chef Carey would scoff at Louisville style chili(you're doing it wrong :lol: ) Thanks for indulging us and thanks for all this hard work, I do like it better :!:
User

Ashley D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:24 pm

Louisville

Great idea

by Ashley D » Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:35 pm

I was hoping you'd do this.... :)
User

Linda B

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:48 pm

Louisville, KY

by Linda B » Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:05 pm

This is awesome!!! I've already printed off some of the recipes and can't wait for more and the opportunity to share!
Thanks Robin!!!! :D
Linda Kunz Bayens
Owner of Cooking at the Cottage (502) 893-6700 &
Full time Realtor for Re/Max Associates since 1982 (502) 452-2527