Like to cook? In this forum, both amateur and pro chefs can share recipes, procedures and cooking tips and talk about local restaurant recipes.

Where to buy Mettwurst

User

Scott Hack

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:09 pm

Pewee Valley, Kentucky

Where to buy Mettwurst

by Scott Hack » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:15 pm

I am unable to get to Cincy this weekend for the Octoberfest, but I want to still try to celebrate a bit and grill some Mettwurst. Anyone know where I can buy some in Louisville? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mettwurst

Looking for more of the salami style, not the spreadable kind evidently. Reminded me of a Italian sausage or Bratwurst in firmness.

Thanks!
Scott Hack
Finish Line Realty
502-376-4225
no avatar
User

Jeff T

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:45 pm

Louisville

Re: Where to buy Mettwurst

by Jeff T » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:20 pm

Scott
I have purchased Metts several times at the St Matthews Kroger. I have bought them straight up or in a mixed pack with bratwurst. I believe 6 links to a pack. The mixed is 3 metts and 3 bratwurst. Bluegrass meats is the brand. They are quite good.
User

JustinHammond

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Lyndon, KY 40222

by JustinHammond » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:11 am

Scott Hack wrote:I am unable to get to Cincy this weekend for the Octoberfest, but I want to still try to celebrate a bit and grill some Mettwurst. Anyone know where I can buy some in Louisville? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mettwurst

Looking for more of the salami style, not the spreadable kind evidently. Reminded me of a Italian sausage or Bratwurst in firmness.

Thanks!

Scott,

I believe(don't quote me) Robin Garr mentioned that the "bratwurst" from Barr Farms reminded him of Mettwurst more than bratwurst. I haven't tasted mine, but they don't look like any bratwurst I've ever seen.

Adam Barr
Phone: 859-608-6458
adam.barr@gmail.com
"The idea is to eat well and not die from it-for the simple reason that that would be the end of your eating." - Jim Harrison

https://www.facebook.com/Louisville-Eat ... 129849554/
no avatar
User

Michelle R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 30, 2007 1:28 pm

Hikes Point

by Michelle R. » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:34 am

Try Kingsley's on Taylorsville Rd (502) 459-7211. They've usually got a pretty good selection of sausages. Another thought might be Mike Best's on Brownsboro (502) 896-2509.
"If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly!"
no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:33 am

Louisville

by Andrew Mellman » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:47 pm

If Mike's Best (either Brownsboro or Westport village) doesn't have it, they can make it for you.
Andrew Mellman
User

Scott Hack

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:09 pm

Pewee Valley, Kentucky

by Scott Hack » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:01 pm

That was exactly the response I got back from Mike's Best.

Going to do some research on a recipe!
Scott Hack
Finish Line Realty
502-376-4225