Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Andrew Gilley

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:54 pm

Gyros

by Andrew Gilley » Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:39 pm

Jasmine's is phenomenal. I love the place...I almost don't want it to get out. Just go in and tell jasmine you'll have a big one and he'll take care of you. Also, try the little Bosnian Sausages...I couldn't tell you what they're calle din Bosnian, but it's really good.

Does anyone else feel like maybe if there was a Bosnian Mob in Louisville that this would be where they hang out. SOmetimes when I go in it sounds like there is about ten people in the bakery talking non stop. I just want to know what is going on back there and who's getting whacked and can I have a big one and a lof of bread to go. Oh and the chocolate pastry is something else.
User

John M

{ RANK }

Just got here

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:25 pm

Louisville

by John M » Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:09 pm

Where exactly is Bosna Mak?
no avatar
User

Brian Curl

by Brian Curl » Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:34 pm

no avatar
User

Brian Curl

by Brian Curl » Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:36 pm

It should be noted that you actually have to turn into Bradford Drive and Bosna Mak is on the left.
User

Laura SS

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:26 pm

Highlands

Re: Jasmin Bakery

by Laura SS » Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:36 pm

Doug Chin wrote:try Al Watan at 3713 Klondike for veg. dishes. Great hummus and the bakery next door sells a large stack of pita bread for around $1.50 The bakery offers some spinach cheese pie. Not bad. Some of their pastries looked good.

By happy accident, my husband and I found ourselves driving past Al Watan tonight, so we stopped in for the first time -- and boy are we glad we did! A delicious meal from a real family joint, and not far from our place at all. We shared a falafel sandwich, grape leaf wraps (I've seen them called dolmas elsewhere, though not here), two fresh pitas, and some baba ganoush with tahini -- all for about $9.50. And we've got more than enough for another meal left. It was my first baba ganoush experience, inspired by the recipe discussions here, and I was certainly intrigued. Looking forward to trying their hummus and shwarma next time, though. We're fans, and we'll be back soon to check out the bakery/shop next door.

Thanks so much for the tip, Doug! It's not the most auspicious location, so we probably wouldn't have stopped without the personal recommendation. I love this forum!
Previous