Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

CJ's "Dish" fancies cured meats at Park Place

by Robin Garr » Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:29 pm

To avoid boredom, I'll curtail my weekly rant about the CJ's "Dish" column turning into a puffy, non-anonymous "review" ... but whatever it is, Sarah Fritschner makes the current cured-meat project going on at Park Place sound mighty appetizing indeed ...

[url=http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070302/SCENE02/703020365/1044]The Dish
<b>A taste of history
Park Place's curing makes for exciting dishes</b>[/url]

<B>Park Place on Main</b>
Slugger Field
401 E. Main St.
(502) 515-0173
User

Charles W.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:53 pm

Schnitzelburg

Re: CJ's "Dish" fancies cured meats at Park Place

by Charles W. » Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:35 pm

Robin Garr wrote:To avoid boredom, I'll curtail my weekly rant about the CJ's "Dish" column turning into a puffy, non-anonymous "review" ...

Thank you.
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

Re: CJ's "Dish" fancies cured meats at Park Place

by Doogy R » Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:39 pm

Robin Garr wrote:Sarah Fritschner makes the current cured-meat project going on at Park Place sound mighty appetizing indeed ...

I thought that was a well written article and it truly got my mouth to watering. Yummo.
Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.
User

Ed Vermillion

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:32 pm

38 degrees 25' 25' N 85 degrees 36' 2' W

by Ed Vermillion » Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:49 pm

Looks great. I also agree with the last bit about "not turning food into foam.... Last nights Iron Chef match up had the challenger making celery foam. Bobby Flay pulled it out with his rib virtuosity. Thought ol' Bobby got beat last night but he pulled it out :cry:
Hope our hometown team wins :!:
User

RebeccaWebb

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:54 am

Lexington, KY

Park Place dishes

by RebeccaWebb » Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:45 pm

Thought I'd add a bit of local news the the CJ article ... the "Eastern Kentucky duck" actually comes from Shady Lane Poultry in Winchester, KY. We have been connecting the chefs of several restaurants with this wonderful free-range duck.

Another fine example of great chefs using local products!

Thanks to all the chefs out there that truly support the small farmer! :D
Rebecca Phillips Webb
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

Re: Park Place dishes

by Robin Garr » Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:31 pm

rebeccawebb wrote:Thought I'd add a bit of local news the the CJ article ... the "Eastern Kentucky duck" actually comes from Shady Lane Poultry in Winchester, KY. We have been connecting the chefs of several restaurants with this wonderful free-range duck.

Do you know if they sell retail to individuals, Rebecca, or only restaurant and vendor sales? I wuvs duck and would love to have a local alternative to Grimaud Farms.
User

Amy A

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:34 pm

Jeffersonville

by Amy A » Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:10 pm

I read this today and it made me want to return there. Anoosh can make some tasty food. :P
User

Joe C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:50 pm

Louisville, KY

Anoosh Shariat

by Joe C » Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:11 pm

I have been following this wonderful chef since Remmington's. I live about 3 blocks from the old Shariat's and miss having that fine restaurant. Have not tried Park Place yet - trying to find the time.
Any suggestions on their best dishes from forum natives not mentioned in the review?
Live to Ride, Ride to Eat!
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

Re: Anoosh Shariat

by Robin Garr » Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:16 pm

Joe C wrote:Any suggestions on their best dishes from forum natives not mentioned in the review?

Joe, we must be practically neighbors ... I live within a short walk from Porcini and only slightly longer to the original Shariat's. :)

I don't know about his current menu, but if I'm not mistaken it changes often, possibly every week. But if you've been following Anoosh for any length of time, you'll know anything he makes is likely to be good, and if it's either lamb or vegetarian, it's likely to be breath-taking.
User

Joe C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:50 pm

Louisville, KY

Re: Anoosh Shariat

by Joe C » Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:52 pm

Robin Garr wrote:
Joe C wrote:Any suggestions on their best dishes from forum natives not mentioned in the review?

Joe, we must be practically neighbors ... I live within a short walk from Porcini and only slightly longer to the original Shariat's. :)

I don't know about his current menu, but if I'm not mistaken it changes often, possibly every week. But if you've been following Anoosh for any length of time, you'll know anything he makes is likely to be good, and if it's either lamb or vegetarian, it's likely to be breath-taking.

I met Mr. Shariat several years ago when Shariat's first opened. We had finished a wonderful meal and ordered dessert. I tried a chocolate torte and found to my suprise that someone left wax paper between the layers. I am not one for making a big deal, so I removed the wax paper and finished the torte. When the server returned and asked how everything was, I remarked it was excellent, in fact I told him the wax paper even tasted good. I wish I had a camera to record the look on his face when he saw the remains of the paper on my plate! Well, he apologized profusely and took it a lot harder than I did. He sent Mr. Shariat over to our table who also apologized and comped the dessert. It was such a thrill to meet him. My wife is a vegetarian and loves what he does with vegetables.

Salut!
Live to Ride, Ride to Eat!