This service is free for legitimate posts from employees and workers about food-and-industry jobs.
no avatar
User

Neal G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:22 pm

Oldham County

Arbor Ridge Vine & Grill looking for 1 Server

by Neal G » Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:12 pm

Our small family is looking to grow by one quailty individual. We have low staff turnover and number of regular guests continues to grow. If you enjoy working in a friendly, quality oriented atmosphere perhaps we are the place for you. One year of expereince in a full service restaurant is prefered, but an outgoing personality and a desire to learn works too!

We are just 6 minutes to the Summit, 9 minutes to Springhurst and 13 minutes to Zorn Ave and I 71 in Crestwood at 6402 Westwind Way.

Interested...look at our menus http://www.arborridgevineandgrill.com and call Neal to arrange an interview; 241-5544.

Thank you
Neal G
User

Steve Shade

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:53 am

Re: Arbor Ridge Vine & Grill looking for 1 Server

by Steve Shade » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:17 pm

You may have one of the dumbest websites I have ever seen. Why would you force a customer to login to see your offerings? Are they some kind of secret?
"Don't accept your dog's admiration as
conclusive evidence that you are wonderful."
-- Ann Landers
User

Gayle DeM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:42 pm

by Gayle DeM » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:53 pm

Steve,

I don't get it? I didn't have to login to see the offerings. But I did get tired and not look at all the offerings on the various menus, because I had to click at see the soups, then click to see the sandwiches, then click to see the special sandwiches, then . . .you get the idea.
"I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian" -Erma Bombeck
no avatar
User

Neal G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Oldham County

by Neal G » Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:00 pm

Steve Shade wrote:You may have one of the dumbest websites I have ever seen. Why would you force a customer to login to see your offerings? Are they some kind of secret?

Steve -

I appreciate your interest and taking the time to view our website. It is not necessary to login to view any of our menu items. From the homepage one simply clicks on the "browse menu" icon. Then, click on the "see them all" icon for the menu of interest(ie dinner menu). Then again, click on the "see them all" icon for the catagory of interest (ie dinner entrees). All entrees, with a full description and price are then displayed. Now, at this point if you click on view item; then you are requested to login.

Why you ask? I would be happy to explain. Our website allows you to order for pick-up, right away or at some point in the future. By clicking on "view item" icon for a specific menu item you start the ordering process. The system needs information to do that, so you are requested to login. As we are the only restaurant in the Louisville area making our menu available to order on-line, our site must be differnet in some ways and I am sorry that you found the website confusing.

I hope that you will try again!
Neal G
no avatar
User

Neal G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Oldham County

by Neal G » Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:07 pm

Gayle DeM wrote:Steve,

I don't get it? I didn't have to login to see the offerings. But I did get tired and not look at all the offerings on the various menus, because I had to click at see the soups, then click to see the sandwiches, then click to see the special sandwiches, then . . .you get the idea.

Gayle -

Since we offer the convienence on-line ordering, it is necessary to to set-up the website in this format. I would agree that a PDF would be a lot easier for menu review purposes. I will inquire about that possibility.
Neal G
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:10 pm

Neal G wrote:Since we offer the convienence on-line ordering, it is necessary to to set-up the website in this format. I would agree that a PDF would be a lot easier for menu review purposes. I will inquire about that possibility.

No problem viewing it here, Neal, but there may be an issue with browsers. I'm looking with Google Chrome and had no problem. Maybe some versions of Internet Explorer or Firefox or Safari, etc., have problems?

Your tech people may be able to help with this. Sorry I can't offer much of a fix for rudeness other than to note that it's not encouraged on the forum and could eventually lead to banning.
no avatar
User

Neal G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Oldham County

by Neal G » Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:42 pm

While the original intent of this thread was to hopefully attract the interest of a new staff member, I truly appreciated the feedback recieved. I have communicated the concerns brought up on the Forum to the on-line ordering firm that hosts our website. The response of their President is below and I have modified it since it was quite lengthy:

Hi Neal,

We get so many more nice comments about the ease of use with the system. If I thought there was a real problem we’d definitely address it.

I was surprised to see someone complain about menu items intelligently categorized into their menu sections. I think most usability experts will agree that this is better that making a user scroll up and down a long list of menu items is not better. Also It’s important to keep in mind that our system is an Online Ordering System, so it’s a piece of software that moves patrons through a process of easily placing an order, modifying that order, paying securely, and printing the order at the restaurant. I can serve as a website, but its main focus is to ring up food. Here’s a key point- A good Online Ordering system must perform the role of what a server does at the table for dine-in guests. That’s tall order to and I think RAZ does it pretty well.

One more thing to note on the login is that by having the login it saves time for the folks who get it. When you remove the login, your essentially asking people to Register every single time they want to order food. One thing I tell folks is- to register its only three pieces of information. Name- email- password. It’s not a credit application.

Thanks for letting me know about this, we’re not going to make everyone happy all the time, but hopefully this answers some of your concerns.

Thanks,
Chris

Ps Just send me a PDF of your menus and we will put a link to them on your home page.
Neal G
User

Jeffrey D.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:49 am

Prospect

by Jeffrey D. » Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:22 pm

Let me see . . . the guy who sold you the web site design says that it's a good design. :shock:
If "Chris" web designs as good as he spells, I think I understand the problem. But at least now he can arrange for a simple pdf menu to be accessible; which would have avoided the gymnastics previously necessary to review the menu, anyway. Better late than never.
My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
no avatar
User

Neal G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Oldham County

by Neal G » Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:34 pm

Jeffrey D. wrote:Let me see . . . the guy who sold you the web site design says that it's a good design. :shock:
If "Chris" web designs as good as he spells, I think I understand the problem. But at least now he can arrange for a simple pdf menu to be accessible; which would have avoided the gymnastics previously necessary to review the menu, anyway. Better late than never.

Jeffery -

I believe Chris was refering to it being "a good on-line ordering system". He certainly indicated that was their priority. Having a PDF version for those that only wish to view the menu, I believe will be a plus and while Chris has not indicated it; will become a basic feature for them in the future thanks to this Forum.
Neal G
User

Jackie R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:48 pm

Highlands

by Jackie R. » Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:42 pm

To stir the pot a little, I don't agree that the user would prefer to follow links rather than scroll up and down a page. Logic seems absent here. To the programmer's / developer's defense, this type of online ordering system has to be frustrating to support considering it's still in a trial phase for our region.
no avatar
User

Alison Hanover

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:27 pm

by Alison Hanover » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:33 pm

Steve Shade wrote:You may have one of the dumbest websites I have ever seen. Why would you force a customer to login to see your offerings? Are they some kind of secret?

Neal, Kudos to you for replying to this very rude post in a civilized and dignified manner. I don't think your website is at all dumb. The food does sounds delicious.
Alison Hanover