This service is free for legitimate posts from employees and workers about food-and-industry jobs.
no avatar
User

Will Mapes

{ RANK }

Just got here

Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:34 pm

back in the service industry ... again!

by Will Mapes » Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:58 pm

I was laid off back in February after a 10 year hiatus from the service industry. A good friend of mine who's a G.M. in town quickly gave me a job as a server in an upscale downtown establishment ... problem is ... they are just not that busy. I waited on 2 people Friday night and am now in the process of draining my 401K just to pay my bills. Is anyone in town hiring servers? I work with some of the best and brightest servers in the industry and many of us are looking for a good home. I have close to ten years experience waiting tables in fine dining and turn-and-burn type establishments. When I looked for a new place a few weeks back, no one was hiring. Any suggestions?
User

Jessie H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:45 am

Iroquois Park

Re: back in the service industry ... again!

by Jessie H » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:25 am

try applying again in in the next couple of weeks. you may be in luck thanks to UofL, bellarmine, JTC, JCC, IUS, etc...many servers i know are college students and they are cutting their availability back because fall classes are starting soon. this means restaurants will be hiring to fill those spots on the schedule. best of luck to you.
chi mangia bene, viva bene.

amen.
no avatar
User

Will Mapes

{ RANK }

Just got here

Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:34 pm

by Will Mapes » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:33 am

Didn't think about that, Jessie. Thanks for the tip.
User

Wes P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:59 pm

Impellizzeri's Pizza

by Wes P » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:19 pm

Will: impellizzeri's on Brownsboro is hiring servers. Highest ave check in pizza. Pizza is the easiest thing to serve.
The Original Impellizzeri's Pizza
www.impellizzeris.com