This service is free for legitimate posts from employees and workers about food-and-industry jobs.

Are you kidding me?

no avatar
User

Tim Y

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon May 04, 2009 2:20 pm

Are you kidding me?

by Tim Y » Sat May 09, 2009 7:53 pm

Over 200 have seen my post and I have no prospects for work. I am qualified for everything. Please do not judge me on my location restrictions, I can get anywhere. I prefer the highlands, but have knives and will travel.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Are you kidding me?

by Robin Garr » Sun May 10, 2009 6:34 pm

Chef Tim wrote:Over 200 have seen my post and I have no prospects for work. I am qualified for everything. Please do not judge me on my location restrictions, I can get anywhere. I prefer the highlands, but have knives and will travel.

Tim, the forum is a good start, but now that you've introduced yourself here, I'd suggest you get pro-active and start calling on places you'd like to work. If they've seen your forum post, that will give you a head start. But frankly, it's a buyer's market out there in this economy, so you can't just put up a post and wait for the offers to come in.
no avatar
User

JThompson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:28 pm

by JThompson » Sun May 10, 2009 10:07 pm

Hang in their boss, Robin is right, now more than ever you have to find a way to stand out. A good resume no longer will get it done, your gonna have to really work at it. Good Luck and stay positive people can interpet the frustation as negativity.
no avatar
User

Tim Y

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon May 04, 2009 2:20 pm

by Tim Y » Mon May 11, 2009 12:33 pm

Hey you guys, thanks for the support. I don't want to spread any negative vibes, I am not angry, just frustrated. I know all you working folks have been busy with derby and moms day, so I will continue my search and remain patient. :D . Tim
no avatar
User

Susanne Smith

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:55 pm

by Susanne Smith » Tue May 12, 2009 4:15 pm

Chel Tim, We have some possible plans in the works for shady lane cafe. Please send me a short resume and other info. We would like to open back up for possible Sunday Brunch and looking at another location,. don't know a thing about you. Lets talk by email for a while. Thanks. My yahoo account is Poetfamily@yahoo.com. Look forward to hearing from you. Bill Smith Chef/Owner Shady Lane Cafe.