This service is free for legitimate posts from employees and workers about food-and-industry jobs.

Seeking Management Career

no avatar
User

Eric Rose

{ RANK }

Just got here

Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:08 am

Seeking Management Career

by Eric Rose » Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:08 pm

Dear Sir or Madame,

I would like to take a quick moment to introduce myself to your company. The attached resume will provide you with the details of my work history. What it might not show is the tenacity with which I attack sales, marketing and overall customer service. I am a driven person with longevity in all positions that I have held. I approach all problems as an opportunity for greatness and truly have the client as well as the company’s best interests in mind. I take pride in my work and feel comfortable putting my name on all that I produce. Through hard work, long hours, determination, organization, positive and innovative approaches, I know that I would be an asset to your team and business.
I look forward to speaking with you in person and would like to thank you in advance for your time, as I know it is a precious commodity.

Sincerely,
Eric Rose

ERIC ROSE
9806 ENCINO COURT
LOUISVILLE, KY 40223
502-645-2756
wccdir@hotmail.com

AREAS OF EXPERIENCE

Full Service Catering Dining Room Management
Hotel/Restaurant Management Private/Public Events Planning
Golf Outing Coordination Food and Beverage Purchasing
Country Club Sales/Marketing Membership Sales/Marketing
Inventory Controls Alcohol Beverage Control STAR Certified

SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS

Results-oriented leader of diverse, high performance teams in all of Food and Beverage and Marketing. Lead organizations across functional areas to set strategic direction for the business that delivers growth and improved profitability. Effective communicator, creative problem solver, disciplined vendor relationship manager and skilled event coordinator. Successful track record of building new business relations and reorganizing troubled departments.

PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE

AUDUBON COUNTRY CLUB 2005-present
FOOD AND BEVERAGE DIRECTOR

- Oversee day to day operations of all food and beverage for an exclusive country club with a hands on approach
- Execute all operations of events within a $750,000+ banquet business
- Seasonally organize full service of food and beverage poolside
- Operate a seasonal snack bar and on course half way house
- Staff all events and service with in house and temporary agency staffing
- Lead all instruction and continued education training
- Hire and train all staff on company methods and vision
- Increased profit margin of all food and beverage operations on site
- Lowered liquor cost by 13% and labor cost by 7% under fiscal budget
- Aid in booking of events in the absence of Catering Director

LOUSVILLE MARRIOTT DOWNTOWN 2005-2005
EVENT OPERATIONS MANAGER

- Direct a $7 million a year banquet department in companies number one convention hotel
- Set department standards and processes before the opening of new hotel
- Produced all storage and inventory control procedures
- Lead a hotel staff of 40 servers, bartenders, and supervisors in addition to a temp staff of up to 70
- Responsible for 30 meeting rooms and 50,000 square feet of meeting space
- Forecast sales and service needs as well as schedule all events
- Lead all instruction and continued education training
- Coordinate high profile events for the city, Mayor, owners and Fortune 500 companies daily
- Meet and exceed all quests needs and expectations brought to my attention through pre-convention meetings and daily event evaluations

ERIC ROSE PAGE 2

WOODHAVEN COUNTRY CLUB AND CATERING 2001 – 2005
DIRECTOR OF CATERING AND MARKETING

- Constructed current catering company from ground level
- Established second catering site to increase potential business
- Individually responsible for generating client base through innovative marketing
- Directly responsible for year on year 100% increase in sales and 10% increase annually in profits through aggressive sales and promotions
- Aided in the design and construction of modern update to member’s lounge attributing to 150% increase in daily food and beverage sales
- Personally created current operating procedures, revenue tracking, checklists, inventory control and computer programs to streamline operations and initiated never before seen practices, resulting in reduction of company losses and increased profits
- Oversaw kitchen staff, member’s lounge, catering department, bar, poolside service and snack bar including purchasing, procedures, member/catering event planning, event scheduling and staffing
- Developed strong business networks with vendors and clients
- Operated membership sales/marketing department and implemented creative avenues for member prospecting, resulting in a 15% increase of membership

GLEN OAKS COUNTRY CLUB 1995-2001
FIRST ASSISTANT GOLF PROFESSIONAL/MEMBERSHIP DIRECTOR

- Created operating procedures and documentation of inventory, sales and marketing
- Grew a continuous client base as golf teaching professional leading to an average of $5,000 in increased sales of equipment and apparel to non-members
- Oversaw day to day shop operations as well as marketing
- Planned and executed club events including golf outings, tournaments and social events for members and general public
- Generated 20% increase annually in shop sales through innovative merchandising, marketing and word of mouth
- Operated membership sales/marketing department and implemented creative avenues for member prospecting, resulting in a 25% increase of membership

RAFFERTY’S 1993-1995
SHIFT LEADER/SUPERVISOR

- Supervised lunch and dinner shifts of 40+ employees
- Followed corporate procedures to ensure safety, cleanliness and customer satisfaction

HURSTBOURNE HOTEL AND CONVENTION CENTER 1990-1993
RESTAURANT MANAGER

- Created first positive cash flow in 10 years for restaurant in 400 room hotel
- Oversaw conventions, holiday events and high profile parties
- Developed room service department including procedures and goal setting resulting in 5% increase annually in food and beverage sales
- Established and documented best practices for inventory management, sales and marketing
- Responsible for operating procedures, staffing, customer satisfaction and payroll
- Generated new and repeat sales through promotions and networking
- Oversaw the installation and development of computer systems, aiding in the reduction of theft, accurate inventory control and increased profits

REFERENCES - Available upon request