This service is free for legitimate posts from employees and workers about food-and-industry jobs.

Looking For Job

no avatar
User

Robert Mallow

{ RANK }

Just got here

Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:47 am

Looking For Job

by Robert Mallow » Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:24 am

hello im currently looking for a job, please let me know if your interested.
thanks. My resume follows.

ROBERT W. MALLOW
735 S. Barbee Way
Louisville, KY 40217
(502) 417-4138 (please leave message)
robert.mallow@yahoo.com

OBJECTIVE
I am seeking a culinary position in which I have an opportunity to be creative. I enjoy contributing to the successful daily operations of a kitchen by preparing dishes with consistency and speed while adhering to standards of sanitation and good presentation.

EXPERIENCE

The Irish Rover (2008-present)
Line Cook/Fry Cook

The University Club, Louisville KY:Garde manger(2007-2008)
Oversaw and prepared banquet and large catering orders as well as carved many types of meats. I also learned some butchery techniques. In addition to normal Club duties, I also worked off-site events such as The Taste of Lousiville, The Best of Louisville and the Best of East Louisville, as well as catering the main branch of the Women's Club's monthly gatherings.

Clifton's, Louisville KY: Sous Chef (2000 - 2007)
Responsibilities involved all phases of food preparation, including serving as head expediter, prep cook, line cook, and operating the oven to ensure meals completed cooking at the same time. I also acted as Assistant Kitchen Manager, overseeing all aspects of operations in the restaurant as well as fielding customer questions or complaints, and maintaining proper communication between the staff in the front of the house and the kitchen.

Electronic Cleaning Services, Louisville KY: Operations Manager (2004 - 2006)
As Operations Manager, I was responsible for scheduling appointments, picking up merchandise, servicing merchandise, reinstalling merchandise, as well as maintaining accurate billing and keeping track of inventory.

Paul Davis Systems, Louisville KY: Technician (2002 - 2004)
Responsibilities included servicing electronics, maintaining inventory, and perfomining merchandise pick-up and reinstallation as well as customer service.

Pizza Hut, Louisville KY: Kitchen Manager (2004-2005)
In this position, I maintained inventory and oversaw purchasing, acted as line cook as well as performing customer service duties. I was also entrusted with handling large sums of money.

EDUCATION
Electronic Repair studies, ITT Technical Institute, Louisville KY (two semesters, 2003)

Culinary Arts, Sullivan University, Louisville KY (one semester, 2002)

General Equivalency Diploma, Louisville KY (2001)

AWARDS
2007 1st Place in Hidden Valley Ranch Family Friendly Foods Contest at KY State Fair
2008 Beachmont Farmers Market Cook-off Winner

RESTAURANT SKILLS
Knife skills
Food preparation
Grill
Fry Cook
Sous Chef
Line Cook
Expediter
Oven
Bread making
Bartending
Bussing

REFERENCES
Available upon request
User

Alan Schaefer

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:18 pm

Re: Looking For Job

by Alan Schaefer » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:15 pm

Robert,

I am leaving Windsor Ridge Assisted Living Center in Jeffersonville for a different position. They haven't hired anyone to be a Food Service Director yet. It doesn't pay a lot, and they don't really have benefits. They will tell you they have medical, but it is really a service that helps you find the cheapest rate for services. But if you are looking for some management experience, and still like to cook, then maybe you could give them a try. Their telephone number is 284-4336. They are located in an industrial park that is located right off I-265 at the maritime center exit.
"The more one learns the more one sees the need to learn more and that study,as well as broadening the mind of the craftsman, provides an easy way of perfecting himself in the practice of our art." Auguste Escoffier