This service is free for legitimate posts from employees and workers about food-and-industry jobs.

Line Cook looking for a job.

no avatar
User

Rick Boman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:26 am

Line Cook looking for a job.

by Rick Boman » Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:59 pm

I had to recently lay off a great experienced line cook, he has over 18 years experience and has chef and sous chef experience although all he really wants is a line cook position-Full Time. He has worked everywhere from corporate chains, casual, upscale, to fine dining. He needs a decent wage, around the $12-$13 per hour range. If anyone has any needs in that department, then please contact me and I will give you his info.

Thanks,
Rick Boman
no avatar
User

Tommy Walters

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:51 pm

Lexington

Country Club

by Tommy Walters » Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:11 pm

Rick.......Is the Country Club still looking for an Executive Chef?

Tommy Walters
859-913-5611
User

Kurt R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:08 am

Louisville, KY

Re: Line Cook looking for a job.

by Kurt R. » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:14 am

Tommy,
Rick is the Executive Chef
Kurt

Character is measured by a series of split second decisions.
no avatar
User

Rick Boman

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Rick Boman » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:52 am

Actually, I am no longer the Executive Chef, I have been busy with other projects. As far as I know they are going a different route using managed foodservice to run the operations there. The club has been open over 14 years and has never made a profit. They are going to basically push the rest button and start over. Currently I am just a line cook as well, but it is funny how as a line cook, I work less hours as a head chef, make more money with the overtime I now get paid and have none of the headaches. Not to say that I will be happy as just a line cook, but I am enjoying family time like I have never had before.
User

Steve Shade

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:53 am

by Steve Shade » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:34 pm

Rick, when working, I went through a number of chefs at the Club. One of the biggest problems seemed to be the perception as a private club. Not to mention being pretty far out in the boondocks. They always paid their bills quickly.

When you say the club has not been profitable, do you mean the club as a whole or just the food service?

Good luck on your future endeavers.

Steve "the knifeman"
"Don't accept your dog's admiration as
conclusive evidence that you are wonderful."
-- Ann Landers
no avatar
User

Rick Boman

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Rick Boman » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:56 pm

Steve Shade wrote:

When you say the club has not been profitable, do you mean the club as a whole or just the food service?

Good luck on your future endeavers.

Steve "the knifeman"

The club as a whole has never made a profit. Food service only made a modest profit in 2006 and 2007. All of that profit was erased by the golf side. They are currently being managed by people from Famous Dave's. Had I known they had made no profit in 14 yrs., I would have passed on the oppourtunity.