This service is free for legitimate posts from employees and workers about food-and-industry jobs.

Baking Apprenticeship Sought

User

Laura T

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:19 pm

Louisville, KY

Baking Apprenticeship Sought

by Laura T » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:47 pm

Attention Bakers

I'm an aspiring baker that currently finds myself in a career in the legal field. I don't dislike my current position, but it's not my true passion. My dream is to turn my passion for baking into my career. As far as experience goes, I attended Sullivan University's culinary school half-time for a year, but due to circumstances at the time, was unable to complete the degree. I've been a lifelong lover of baking, and have taught myself some basic cake decorating techniques through reading and practicing at home. I've made many cakes for family and friends, and if I could figure out how, I would post a couple of pictures. I am a fast learner, especially when I enjoy the subject as I do baking, but I know that I have a lot to learn.

I realize that the current economy doesn't make it easy for small, local establishments to hire help. I'm sure that makes you even less inclined to hire someone with little to no formal experience in the field.

I've come up with the idea to offer my assistance to you, the baking professional, on a part-time basis free of charge in exchange for the experience I would gain. I know that I'm a new person on this forum, but if any of you are the least bit interested, please PM me and I can send you my current resume, references, and answer any questions you would like. I worked for years through college and beyond part-time at Burger's Market. Tony and Jeff Burger can both speak to my character and trustworthiness.

I hope my proposal isn't unorthodox or in any way inappropriate. I am genuine. Of course I would love to receive pay for my time, but given that I don't have a very impressive culinary resume, I am willing to volunteer my time in order that I may begin to build a bridge toward my future goals. I envy all of you who have been able to turn your passion for the art of baking into your line of work. Even if you're not interested in an apprenticeship, I'd be delighted to hear from any of you who may have advice to offer an aspiring baker. Thank you for reading.
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

Re: Baking Apprenticeship Sought

by Doogy R » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:59 pm

You will be successful. Good luck in your future.
Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.
no avatar
User

Robert Mallow

{ RANK }

Just got here

Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:47 am

by Robert Mallow » Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:49 am

You rock, ive had your food anyone should be happy to have you.
no avatar
User

Joe Pennington

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:53 am

Louisville KY."Germantown"

by Joe Pennington » Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:36 pm

Check Desserts by Helen. There is a hiring now sign at the Bardstown Rd. location. Best of luck to you.
Joe
Advance confidently in the direction of your dreams and endeavour to live the life which you have imagined and they shall meet with unexpected success. HDT