This service is free for legitimate posts from employees and workers about food-and-industry jobs.
no avatar
User

eric.stallings

{ RANK }

Just got here

Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:26 pm

Any restaurants looking for staff that can't arrive until 5?

by eric.stallings » Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:40 pm

Hey there. I work a Mon-Friday job from 8am to 4:30pm

In all my time there, I have never had to stay after 4:30, so I don't ever suspect that to be an issue. I could be at 2nd job by 5pm if not 4:45 depending on location relative to my day job. 10 years ago, I worked at a restaurant in the East end that has since closed, but had start times of 4:00, 5:00, and 6:00pm with the 6pm person being the closer, the 4pm getting cut first, and the 5pm staying until it was safe to cut them, which sometimes meant staying as late as the closer, so I suspect something like that exists somewhere in town.

My day-job work clothes are black dress pants/shoes with usually a polo or button up shirt, so I am already likely in the right clothing for a restaurant job, might have to change shirts. I am looking to make an extra $150 a week, which I know at certain places, that could happen in one night if on the weekends. I know it's not realistic, but being off Saturday and Sunday would be ideal since I am off those days with my current day-job. My ideal situation would be being able to work two nights a week somewhere and hoping that nets me $150 after tip outs. I was thinking of checking out Game, as their hours are 5pm to 10pm so I wouldn't have to deal with late nights. I don't want to get burnt out with two jobs, but definitely would like some extra money. I could get to game in 5 minutes, as I sometimes go there on my lunch break and that's how long it takes to get there if I don't hit any lengthy stop lights or a train at the tracks on Frankfort.

But if anyone has any other suggestions, that would be awesome. Thanks!!!