This service is free for legitimate posts from employees and workers about food-and-industry jobs.
User

Benton Thrasher

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:11 pm

Louisville

Experienced FoH/BoH person Looking for Position

by Benton Thrasher » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:43 pm

Greetings, LHB community!

My name is Benton Thrasher, age 24, and have about 18 months experience between FoH and BoH operations. I am currently out of work, and have been for some time due to some personal/family issues that I will not get into on a public forum, but can explain on a more personal level. I am very dependable, driven, and ambitious. I feel that I work well in a fast-paced restaurant style environment for several reasons, the first of which being I enjoy working when I work; not sitting behind a desk reading reports. The second reason is that I am very social and customer oriented, even being in BoH this helps because I am always striving to improve and do what I can to make the customer base grow, and the existing one happier.

The 18 months experience I have has been split between two commercial chain restaurants, Red Lobster and Cracker Barrel. During my time with these two companies I delved into every sense of FoH and BoH work. The majority of my experience has been serving and server assisting (getting platters visually ready to go out to tables). I also have smaller amounts of experience, in seating/greeting, grill cook, grill prep, prep, baking, and finishing (placing side dishes on the platters).

My dream is to work my way through a culinary institute, gain a position in a restaurant as a chef, work my way up to Executive Chef (or equivalent), and finally to open my own restaurant; hopefully here in Louisville. I have a love for cuisine that simply cooking for my friends and family does not feed. I know I am nowhere near ready to lead an operation, but there is a lot of knowledge that I have acquired on my own that I feel sets me above the average line cook or culinarian.

I am available to start at any date, and am currently not enrolled in school so my schedule is as open as a book. I hope that what I have put here is enough to attract the attention of anyone currently in need of someone of my dedication and work ethic. I am honored for anyone who contacts me, I hope to hear from you. Thank you for reading and for your consideration on this matter, you will find my contact information below.

Shalom friends,
Benton Thrasher

benton.thrasher@gmail.com
502-416-2226 (Primary)
502-416-2228 (Secondary)
You may contact me any time through e-mail, I check it multiple times daily. I am also available any time between 9AM - 11PM for phone conversations, and can make myself available earlier or later if necessary.